J Schaap's fall-fallout

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It's been years but I am curious about the fallout at churches where the pastor had him preach for some special meeting.
Maybe how it affected:
-the pastor's ministry at your church afterwards,
-you as the pastor.

Then another group, how it affected:
-you as a former member of FBCH,
-you as someone who remained a member of FBCH.

Anybody willing to speak out boldly?

fishinnut said:
It's been years but I am curious about the fallout at churches where the pastor had him preach for some special meeting.
Maybe how it affected:
-the pastor's ministry at your church afterwards,
-you as the pastor.

Then another group, how it affected:
-you as a former member of FBCH,
-you as some who remained a member of FBCH.

Anybody willing to speak out boldly?

Good questions.

He never preached at my church but I did take ours to hear him at a church a couple of hours away.

I was honest about it.  Talked about what happened.  Threw away anything with his name on it from my office.

Literally no effect on the church other than using it as a teaching opportunity.

GeneFrenkle said:
He never preached at my church...

He's booking now for when he gets out.

Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
How I wrote Bible studies and lead souls to Jesus while in the Prison. 
You should forgive me for my past mistakes.  ::)

the duck said:
Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
100 uses for soap on a roap.

I spent decades reading about more scandals at FBCH/HAC than I had known existed, still trying to maintain a good attitude.  When Schaap got caught, I finally admitted that they are morally corrupt institutions that continue to protect and maintain the sins of Jim Vineyard and Dave Hyles.

Vince Massi said:
I spent decades reading about more scandals at FBCH/HAC than I had known existed, still trying to maintain a good attitude.  When Schaap got caught, I finally admitted that they are morally corrupt institutions that continue to protect and maintain the sins of Jim Vineyard and Dave Hyles.

"decades" - That would be like reading the Encyclopedia set 20 times.  Didn't know there was that much material.

"decades" - That would be like reading the Encyclopedia set 20 times.  Didn't know there was that much material.

As a matter of fact, there was. FFF used to be a very large forum that posted years of genuine grievances by HAC grads. Other sites also recounted genuine instances of wrongs.

So many people at FBCH were reading these accounts that FBCH had to monitor the site, and they would occasionally defend themselves from the pulpit. So many posters blasted Jim Vineyard that he had to have staff members post under pseudo names to defend him.

16KJV11 said:
the duck said:
Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
"I was falsely accused Like Joseph with Potiphar's wife (that heifer!)  But now I am free to take my position as leader after learning my lessons in the prison.  After all, Joseph WAS a type of Christ, falsely accused and tried. "   

the duck said:
16KJV11 said:
the duck said:
Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
"I was falsely accused Like Joseph with Potiphar's wife (that heifer!)  But now I am free to take my position as leader after learning my lessons in the prison.  After all, Joseph WAS a type of Christ, falsely accused and tried. " 
That's eerie...too real.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

prophet said:
the duck said:
16KJV11 said:
the duck said:
Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
That's eerie...too real.

?When a preacher of righteousness has stood in the way of sinners, he should never again open his lips in the great congregation until his repentance is as notorious as his sin.?

Charles Spurgeon

Ken Brown said:
prophet said:
the duck said:
16KJV11 said:
the duck said:
Twisted said:
GeneFrenkle said:

I bet he really is. 
That's eerie...too real.

?When a preacher of righteousness has stood in the way of sinners, he should never again open his lips in the great congregation until his repentance is as notorious as his sin.?

Charles Spurgeon
Excellent Quote

I am a long-time former member. I was on vacation when the Schaap news broke. I?d been gone since the 80?s, but still knew things here and there. I honestly was relieved that something that big?and undeniable as it was, thanks to technology, had finally toppled the scads of lies, broken lives and hearts, ruined marriages, the poor educations and career choices/chances. The rugs had been thrown back and it was like all those bits of dust you see in the sunlight, but not so easily without the light shining through! It has always been my hope that Jack Hyles, Dave Hyles, A.V. Ballenger, Jack Schaap, and so many more like them that I could name, would finally get what they had coming to them. God has taken care of some, but not all yet.  As a survivor, one of SO MANY, God has given me respite, but never peace.  I could never understand how so many people could know these things, but do nothing, as the saying goes.  Will wrong ever really fail and right truly prevail? Probably not.

In Billy Graham book on Angels he speaks about justice being served. Justice doesn't always come on Monday. It's a great read.