Jack Chick dead at 92

Ransom

Stalker
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Yesterday, Jack Chick's naked soul was conveyed to the judgment seat,  where a movie of his sins was played back on a gigantic screen before the throne of  a lightbulb-headed God.

Let us hope he was not cast into Hell screaming,  "YAAAAAAAAAA!!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChickPub/status/790604219376033792

Ransom said:
Yesterday, Jack Chick's naked soul was conveyed to the judgment seat,  where a movie of his sins was played back on a gigantic screen before the throne of  a lightbulb-headed God.

Let us hope he was not cast into Hell screaming,  "YAAAAAAAAAA!!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChickPub/status/790604219376033792

Is that supposed to be funny?  If so, it is in poor taste.

Twisted said:

So was his life's work,  so at least Mr. Chick's died as he lived.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

What makes you have what appears to be a bitter spirit against Bro. Chick?

Twisted said:
Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Maybe he had cartoon nightmares as a child.  8)

subllibrm said:
Maybe he had cartoon nightmares as a child.  8)

That would explain many things.

One of my favorite Chick prints:

homegoing.jpg

Say what you will about the method of the Chick tract.  The man obviously dedicated his life to helping others become introduced to the Gospel.  I have a lot of respect for that.

Why do you glorify the musicians who claim to want to present the Gospel in a language others understand, yet mock Chick for doing the same thing?

Twisted said:

Dislike for divisive persons and false teachers is not bitterness. Chick was a bad influence and God's church is better off today.

Twisted said:

Note the sexism. Angels transport men to heaven in the nude, but women get to keep their clothes on.

Binaca Chugger said:
So, this offends you?

Bait-and-switch arguments do. Reducing the sum total of Chick's theology to a single page of a single tract is intellectually dishonest of you.

Ransom said:
So let me turn the tables. Does this tract offend you? Offhand I can think of four theological problems with it.

Here's the regular (not mobile) link:

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1037/1037_01.asp

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
Note the sexism. Angels transport men to heaven in the nude, but women get to keep their clothes on.
I have seen a dozen or so of his tracts, some I liked some I did not care for. I have meet at least 3 people who were saved as a result of reading a chick track then trusting Jesus and each gave a very clear testimony of the gospel and their conversion. I have also seen hundreds of these tracts in waiting rooms & bathroom across the country. Some people like them and used them. I prefer Ford Porter's "God's simple plan of salvation" myself. I feel it goes into much more detail and list more verses than most tracts.

I know some of you do not like tracts but I believe millions will be in heaven because of tracts and some of them will be because of chick tracts. Often a tract plants the seed and later someone waters and reaps the harvest. If someone is saved by reading a tract they need to get in church and be discipled as well as get a good bible and start learning from Gods word. I believe Jesus himself taught getting saved is easy but being a true disciple was not so easy.

The man dedicated his life to spreading the gospel in the way he knew & that he felt was best and I'm not going to criticize him in his death. Like Billy Graham, I may not agree with everything they do, but they have had a part in more people being saved than we will in ten lifetimes.

I suspect no one meets up to Ransoms standards except Ransom. Just saying... 

Here's another one.

The Attack

Are we seriously expected to believe that the Jesuits assassinated Puritan translators of the KJV and tried to sneak the Apocrypha into the Bible without anyone noticing?

Why was a man supposedly dedicated to spreading the Gospel spreading falsehoods and conspiracy theories? Jack Chick was a liar and a fool.

Here's my two cents worth---Many years ago my wife and I had tried everything we could think of trying to reach her dad with the gospel. He simply didn't want to hear it.

One day my wife saw her dad reading some Chick tracts left on our counter. We both rejoiced in the fact that he was reading a gospel message.

The next day I called Chick Publications and ordered one of every salvation tract they had. We put one or two tracts out on our counter for weeks hoping he would continue reading a "comic book" with the message of salvation.

My father-in-law passed away a few years ago. He never indicated a salvation experience, but we hope he perhaps quietly asked Christ into his heart by reading some of those tracts.

I haven't seen a Chick tract in years and sometimes thought maybe Jack Chick went a little overboard on some subjects, but who am I to judge the man's heart or motives. He IMHO was greatly used of the Lord. It makes me wonder how many will be in heaven because they read a Chick tract.

Laugh and mock his work all you want. I won't.

As a child their portrayal of the devil in many of the tracts put a reality of hell into my young mind.

Some of the tracts clearly show hell as a real physical place. I believe one even uses red ink for the devil to drive the point.

Somebody-Goofed-8.png