Jack Hyles' Opinion of Donald Trump

Tennessean

Elect
Reaction score
During a sermon preached on December 31, 2000, Dr. Jack Hyles said,

"Folks could call Mr. Trump successful, but that's not good success."

Sometime in the mid-1960's, John R. Rice published a booklet entitled "What Was Back of Kennedy's Murder?"

Dr. Rice explained that the wrath of God was on the descendants of Joseph P. Kennedy (father of President Kennedy) because of his success in selling alcohol in the US. Now, to be fair, everyone eventually dies, so it is no surprise that all  Kennedys die.

But the assassination of Robert Kennedy, the disgrace of Ted Kennedy (who would probably have become President if he hadn't driven off a bridge with a woman who drowned),  the death of John Kennedy Jr. (son of President Kennedy) in a plane crash, the death of David Kennedy (son of Robert Kennedy) from a drug overdose, the fatal accident of Michael Kennedy (another son of Robert Kennedy) in a skiing accident after disobeying orders from authorities, and the suicide of a Kennedy wife have made Rice's prediction look pretty accurate.

Throw in the many Kennedy tragedies before John F. Kennedy's assassination, and it looks like Rice was correct.

But the Kennedys are a very large family, and it could be argued that the unusually large number of tragedies are the result of chance.

Why would I care what someone thinks in 2000?  Today is 2016 and things change .... :eek:

Vince Massi said:
Sometime in the mid-1960's, John R. Rice published a booklet entitled "What Was Back of Kennedy's Murder?"

Dr. Rice explained that the wrath of God was on the descendants of Joseph P. Kennedy (father of President Kennedy) because of his success in selling alcohol in the US. Now, to be fair, everyone eventually dies, so it is no surprise that all  Kennedys die.

But the assassination of Robert Kennedy, the disgrace of Ted Kennedy (who would probably have become President if he hadn't driven off a bridge with a woman who drowned),  the death of John Kennedy Jr. (son of President Kennedy) in a plane crash, the death of David Kennedy (son of Robert Kennedy) from a drug overdose, the fatal accident of Michael Kennedy (another son of Robert Kennedy) in a skiing accident after disobeying orders from authorities, and the suicide of a Kennedy wife have made Rice's prediction look pretty accurate.

Throw in the many Kennedy tragedies before John F. Kennedy's assassination, and it looks like Rice was correct.

But the Kennedys are a very large family, and it could be argued that the unusually large number of tragedies are the result of chance.

So it was God  at the grassy knoll?

GuyfawkesV49 said:
Vince Massi said:

So it was God  at the grassy knoll?

No someone who worked for Murder Inc.

Tennessean said:
During a sermon preached on December 31, 2000, Dr. Jack Hyles said,

"Folks could call Mr. Trump successful, but that's not good success."

I found much/some of Dr Hyles teaching and materials very profitable in my early days of Pastoring. Having said that....

"Folks could call Dr Hyles successful, but that's not good success."

Vince Massi said:

It could be.

The Bible tells us "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"  - and He shall.  It may well be that the tragedies following the house of Kennedy are a judgment for the whiskey trade of Joe Kennedy, just as the sword did not depart from David's house because of his adultery and murder.  But on a scale we at best only very dimly perceive, God is just and right and will make everything come out right and fair.

Vince Massi said:

Since there is no curse in the Scriptures, on those who make strong drink, I think it's safe to say that Rice was a whack-job on this.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Vince Massi said:

Since there is no curse in the Scriptures, on those who make strong drink, I think it's safe to say that Rice was a whack-job on this.

earnestly contend

One of my pete peeves is preachers who take Hab 2:15 out of context. They don't even read the last part of the verse that makes it clear the curse is on those who drug someone to take immoral advantage of them.
Has nothing to do with makers of alcoholic drinks. Most people can't even find Hab 2:15 let alone read the whole book to find out the true context of the passage.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
Vince Massi said:

earnestly contend

One of my pete peeves is preachers who take Hab 2:15 out of context. They don't even read the last part of the verse that makes it clear the curse is on those who drug someone to take immoral advantage of them.
Has nothing to do with makers of alcoholic drinks. Most people can't even find Hab 2:15 let alone read the whole book to find out the true context of the passage.
Exactly.  It is a curse on Cosby.

earnestly contend

JH might be a bit jealous of Trump's hair.

I found John R. Rice's booklet free online. Remember that it was written before Robert Kennedy was assassinated.

"Now with compassion of heart and with sincere sympathy for those who suffered, let us note the sad story of disaster that has followed the Kennedy family.
      1. The multimillionaire Joseph Kennedy, Sr., suffered a paralytic stroke, is incurable and probably mentally affected by the stroke.
      2. One daughter, Rosemary Kennedy, is mentally retarded, has spent many years in a home for the mentally defective.
      3. Joe Kennedy, Jr., was killed as a bomber pilot in World War II, in 1944.
      4. Kathleen Kennedy married, then her husband died in the war. In 1948 she died tragically in an air crash.
      5. John Fitzgerald Kennedy and Jacqueline have lost two babies, one stillborn and never named, the other born after the Kennedys came into the White House. Both bodies have been moved now to lie beside the President in Arlington Cemetery.
      6. Last of all, President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, inheritor of whiskey money, elected to the presidency largely with whiskey money, was shot down by the assassin?s bullet, and America mourned."

"Communism helped to make Lee Oswald what he was, and then murder grew out of what he was."

And yes, Bgwilkerson is right. Dr. Rice uses Hab 2:15 out of context.

http://www.kenrahn.com/JFK/History/WC_Period/Pre-WCR_reactions_to_assassination/Pre-WCR_reactions_by_the_right/Rice--What_was_back_of.html

To me, Joe Kennedy was a kind of fascinating character. Wicked as Satan's nephew but brilliant. If I am not mistaken, all of the present Kennedy's are still pretty much living off some of the money that he made. To my knowledge none of them has ever really distinguished themselves in business etc. (you may be able to argue this)

The thing is, if God wanted to destroy someone for a reason, there were a lot of other reasons besides liquor to do something to Joe Kennedy. But then again, I am not God. (surprise) I have often thought that the only difference between Joe Kennedy and many of the inner city gang bangers was that Kennedy had more money.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
Vince Massi said:

earnestly contend

I noticed this when I read Hab 2:15 more closely some years ago.

I thought that Joe Kennedy made his money during Prohibition, when it was illegal to sell alcohol.

Joe Kennedy pulled his money out of the stock market shortly  before the 1929 crash. With the low prices that existed during the Great Depression, he built an even bigger fortune. When Prohibition ended, there were few distilleries in the US. Joe used his money to import large amounts of foreign alcohol, with little competition, and made a fortune.

When Trump won the nomination after Cruz and Kasich dropped out, Paul Chappell called him a vile and disgusting man from his pulpit.

TheRealJonStewart said:
When Trump won the nomination after Cruz and Kasich dropped out, Paul Chappell called him a vile and disgusting man from his pulpit.

Any audio for this?

WESLEY said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Any audio for this?

No audio on this, this is Lancaster Baptist. They screen all their media prior to releasing it. It was during the evening service DURING the preaching message. I am not surprised it was removed prior to the audio being uploaded.

Well let Paul vote for Hillary....I want to see that happen  ::)

Who care what Paul Chappell thinks

TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Any audio for this?

No audio on this, this is Lancaster Baptist. They screen all their media prior to releasing it. It was during the evening service DURING the preaching message. I am not surprised it was removed prior to the audio being uploaded.

Bro. Hyles used this same  screening philosophy for all his sermons at FBCH.

Mrs. Nischik who sat directly behind him in the choir had a notepad where she would jot down edits that needed to be made to keep Bro. Hyles from looking bad. She kept his fat out of the fire.

These edits were then made on all audio, video and transcripts, it was just like he never said it, some of us never forgot though.

If Jack Schaap had had a Mrs. Nischik the crazy things he said would never have gotten as much exposure as they did.

I think Paul had learned this lesson well, if you're going to be a preacher spouting irrational craziness you better make sure you have a constant editor on the job who can make your mistakes appear to have never happened.