Jack Schaap Must Have Been Hindu...

Fresh Air

Elect
Reaction score
We are all too sadly acquainted with JS' sexualized theology. In doing research for a series of classes on false religions I read several books on Hinduism. The Hindu tradition includes some highly sexualized and demonic aspects i.e. worship of Siva, tantric yoga, etc. But I ran across this quote and I could not help but write beside it in the margin of my book, 'Jack Schaap would be proud'; it just made me think of his concept of the Lord's Supper, the Bible, heaven, et al, which is - to put a word on it - simply demonic:

Cakra-puja is anything but an orgy. It is a difficult religious ritual requiring long training, and has at its purpose not the free gratification of desires but their redirection into worship. The worshipers sit in a circle, men and women alternately, with each man's female partner seated on his left (the position of goddesses in relation to gods). The leader of the ritual sits in the center with his female partner, his Sakti. The wine and food are consumed first, with recitation of mantras to establish the Sakti nature of the elements consumed. The elements viewed ignorantly as wine, meat, and so on are dangerous, but the elements as Sakti are pure. So too with the female partner in sexual intercourse, the final stage of the ritual. Mantras are recited to establish the female partner as Devi. This process, called aropa, 'attributing,' is crucial to the ritual, impure act. Once the identity is established, the male worships the female as Devi, peforming puja to her as he would to the Goddess present in an image. Sexual intercourse with his partner is then the culminating act of devotion, the union of the worshiper with the divine Power.
-Thomas Hopkins, The Hindu Religious Tradition, pg 129

Tom Brennan said:
We are all too sadly acquainted with JS' sexualized theology. In doing research for a series of classes on false religions I read several books on Hinduism. The Hindu tradition includes some highly sexualized and demonic aspects i.e. worship of Siva, tantric yoga, etc. But I ran across this quote and I could not help but write beside it in the margin of my book, 'Jack Schaap would be proud'; it just made me think of his concept of the Lord's Supper, the Bible, heaven, et al, which is - to put a word on it - simply demonic:

Cakra-puja is anything but an orgy. It is a difficult religious ritual requiring long training, and has at its purpose not the free gratification of desires but their redirection into worship. The worshipers sit in a circle, men and women alternately, with each man's female partner seated on his left (the position of goddesses in relation to gods). The leader of the ritual sits in the center with his female partner, his Sakti. The wine and food are consumed first, with recitation of mantras to establish the Sakti nature of the elements consumed. The elements viewed ignorantly as wine, meat, and so on are dangerous, but the elements as Sakti are pure. So too with the female partner in sexual intercourse, the final stage of the ritual. Mantras are recited to establish the female partner as Devi. This process, called aropa, 'attributing,' is crucial to the ritual, impure act. Once the identity is established, the male worships the female as Devi, peforming puja to her as he would to the Goddess present in an image. Sexual intercourse with his partner is then the culminating act of devotion, the union of the worshiper with the divine Power.

Schaap's version was slightly modified.  He called it Himdu.

Many false non-Christian religions have deviate sexual practice as a motivating factor.

Many Christians teach that sex is deviant. That's not any better.

rsc2a said:
Many Christians teach that sex is deviant. That's not any better.

Who?

Tom Brennan said:

The same demonic world gave Schaap his theology, for sure.

Haklo

Jack Schaap wasn't Hindu, he was ate up!