JD Hall

I don't know much about this guy, but he has been prolific and vociferous.
JD Hall runs these sites, I think

Yes, Hall runs Protestia. It's the former Pulpit & Pen under a new name. I don't know anything about the Montana Daily Gazette. I assume it's Hall's answer to the "liberal media."

I never heard of it till last week. What is his reputation?

I think Hall should be categorized with the rest of the yellow journalism. Protestia isn't much different from the IFB rant-rags in my experience, apart from being published by a Calvinist instead of an indy-fundy free-willy.

I never heard of it till last week. What is his reputation?
He paints things with which he disagrees in the worst possible light. Reminds me of how Gail Riplinger ripped quotes out of context and pieced together parts of quotes from multiple places to "prove" her point.

Latest update on J.D. Hall:

(Update #2) J.D. Hall Is Accused of Domestic Violence with a Weapon as well as Embezzlement. He Also Has Had A Lot of Guns. What Did the Church Know? | The Wartburg Watch 2022

"What really happened​

"On June 23 (note the date), Hall was arrested for the following alleged crimes.
"-First allegation: Hall allegedly violently attacked his wife and daughter, strangling them and using some sort of weapon.
"-Second allegation: Hall embezzled over $10,000 from his church."

Latest update on J.D. Hall:

(Update #2) J.D. Hall Is Accused of Domestic Violence with a Weapon as well as Embezzlement. He Also Has Had A Lot of Guns. What Did the Church Know? | The Wartburg Watch 2022

"What really happened​

"On June 23 (note the date), Hall was arrested for the following alleged crimes.
"-First allegation: Hall allegedly violently attacked his wife and daughter, strangling them and using some sort of weapon.
"-Second allegation: Hall embezzled over $10,000 from his church."
$10,000? Amateur.