Jeremy Whitman Lancaster Baptist Church Does anyone know anything about this?

Welcome to the forum. Nice first post... ???

I'm sure with Chappell wanting to not be like other IFBers and be transparent, he'll fill us all in soon.

Honey Badger said:
Welcome to the forum. Nice first post... ???

I'm sure with Chappell wanting to not be like other IFBers and be transparent, he'll fill us all in soon.

I've been lurking and posting occasionally for at least 5 years, but when I tried to log in today my info wouldn't work and I had to create a new account. I have no idea why. My old username was togodbetheglory.

I don't know nothing about this. Read the comments on the news link and the Facebook page for the paper. Sounds like everybody loved the suspect...even the victims sister and ex-girlfriend. It is odd. I'd be furious if someone close to me killed my family member. I guess that just makes me bitter.

Honey Badger said:
I don't know nothing about this. Read the comments on the news link and the Facebook page for the paper. Sounds like everybody loved the suspect...even the victims sister and ex-girlfriend. It is odd. I'd be furious if someone close to me killed my family member. I guess that just makes me bitter.
They were trained to praise leadership so much, they cant stop, even when he's a murderer.

Anishinaabe

Honey Badger said:
I've been a member of that church for over 10 years and knew the suspect as well. I'm stunned -  I can't even imagine him doing these things. Was just coming to see if anyone here had heard any behind the scenes info - things like this tend to be kept so hush hush that I don't imagine I'll learn much about it at church. In fact, as far as I'm aware (and I attend all services except due to illness) they didn't even acknowledge that he had left the staff. I didn't even realize - it's a huge church and you don't see every person every week. His father teaches one of my children Sunday School. 

Pastor Chappell did send out an email about it today, but it didn't have any info or acknowledge the murder or anything like that. Just pray for the families, etc.

Mamabella said:
Honey Badger said:
I've been a member of that church for over 10 years and knew the suspect as well. I'm stunned -  I can't even imagine him doing these things. Was just coming to see if anyone here had heard any behind the scenes info - things like this tend to be kept so hush hush that I don't imagine I'll learn much about it at church. In fact, as far as I'm aware (and I attend all services except due to illness) they didn't even acknowledge that he had left the staff. I didn't even realize - it's a huge church and you don't see every person every week. His father teaches one of my children Sunday School.

So much for transparency.

We find out what people really believe by their actions, not by the books they write.

Books can be just so much wishful thinking.

Now that the Catholic Church of Chicago has made a public apology for past sins one wonders if the Baptists will do likewise.

We can still hope.

One thing I have found to be true is the past is quickly forgotten. Few lessons learned.

If things are unable to be covered up then they are at least not talked about and quickly forgotten.

I'm not sure the exact balance that is needed when trouble arises I just wish problems were handled better.

bgwilkinson said:
We find out what people really believe by their actions, not by the books they write.

Now that the Catholic Church of Chicago has made a public apology for past sins one wonders if the Baptists will do likewise.

We can still hope.

Kind of like Bill and Barry going around the world apologizing for America's past sin?

subllibrm said:
bgwilkinson said:

We can still hope.

Kind of like Bill and Barry going around the world apologizing for America's past sin?

I believe that is a non-sequitur. Bill and Barry apologize for the Godliness and Goodness of America not the sin and wickedness of individuals as the Catholics have done.

bgwilkinson said:
subllibrm said:
bgwilkinson said:

We can still hope.

I believe that is a non-sequitur. Bill and Barry apologize for the Godliness and Goodness of America not the sin and wickedness of individuals as the Catholics have done.

They have apologized for slavery, abuses toward native Americans, the worldwide imperialism that cheated countries and people out of natural resources, among other things. I have not seen that they have apologized for the missionary movement so I am not sure which Godly things you are referring to.

The bigger point is that they have no standing to apologize for those things (Bill owned no slaves and Barry killed no Indians) nor do the "baptists" have standing to apologize for every sin committed by baptists. Otherwise we better start groveling for forgiveness for Fred Phelps and his nonsense.

bgwilkinson said:

We can still hope.

Why should one Independent Baptist apologize for the sins of another Independent Baptist? They are Independent from each other. Non-accountable.

There are now over 200 comments to the AVTimes article. Two different posters have made allegations of child molestation in Lancaster Baptist Church's Christian school. One allegation is being made by a former (original) staff member who found out about his daughter's abuse. The alleged perp is still on staff!!!

So I you have kids in that school, BEWARE.

(the following was cut and pasted from AVTIMES comment section)

Post #1:

innocence

January 22, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I Thank God I don’t live in the state of California, or live in Lancaster, California, or attend Lancaster Baptist Church any more, If I did I might be incarcerated for life, I worked in the LBC, and help to build it from the very starting point. I know Jeremy and his family and every staff member at LBC. I moved out of Lancaster, California for about 13 years, all my children grew up in that church, and most of my children are great people now and productive citizens, about one year ago my youngest girl told us about a molestation that was happen to her as a child at the school, she said this went on for the entire time she attended, keep in mind, she is now in her twenties, when I found out, you cant imagine my thoughts, now I was thinking a man teacher done this horrible act, to my surprise, it was a female teacher, and to my surprise she still is currently employed at LBCS. Now my anger and guilt I feel daily about this act done to now my baby girl now in her twenties, do you know how I feel? Do you know how many time I feel like getting in my car, or taking the next airplane to Palmdale airport to seek my own justice? Now I don’t know what guilt and the burden that Jeremy was carrying, but it was just too heavy of a burden for him to carry, and it must have been things that was killing him inside. Did Jeremy grow a conscious? I think about Judas in the Bible, the sin that he betrayed Jesus, it was too heavy for Judas to bare so he killed himself, did Jeremy carry a heavy sin and betrayed Jesus children, I mean Jesus said, if anyone offended a child, MARK 9 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. Jeremy pain is gone, my Daughters daily suffers through the pain, daily. Will other victims come forward? God has a way of bringing all things to light, but it will be on Gods timeline not mans. I hope in pray for justice for my baby girl and the rest of the innocence victims of LBCS

Post two:

J

January 21, 2014 at 11:40 pm

My family attended this church for a very long time. I was molested along with other children at that church . To whoever these people that our commenting about how great Lancaster is they can all go [removed] themselves. The trauma that was caused it affected my life more ways than anyone can ever imagine Many people that I’ve gone to the church and the school with did not turn out to be the “Godly”
people that they attempted to influence . They used fear and very cultist ideals to scare people into religion. Instead of allowing people to be who they are and feel the way they need to They surprised people’s true personalities and cause more damage than you will ever know. To all these idiots on this post that are supporting Lancaster Baptist Church I’m glad you had a great experience but me and my classmates didn’t . I wish more of my classmates were stronger to come forward so we can bring these at molesters to Justice.

Tim said:
bgwilkinson said:

We can still hope.

Why should one Independent Baptist apologize for the sins of another Independent Baptist? They are Independent from each other. Non-accountable.

I advocate for each church to admit and apologize for the public sins that eminate from that church.

In my case that's FBCHAMMOND. The first would be DH and what he did for many years, with our knowledge and silence.

I think you can take it from there.

Interesting post I came across on Facebook:

I know not a lot of people don't read or comment on my Posts and usually that is fine with me, but if you see this at-least read until the end whether you comment or not because this is truly personal to me. Brother Jeremy Whitman was my former Sunday School Teacher. He was a great man of God who helped soo many people including myself. Unfortunately he made a really poor choice in murdering another friend of mine Erik Ungerman before taking his own life. I didn't know Erik as much as I knew Jeremy. I remember Erik's smile the most, he was a brother in Christ, his love for the Lakers, he was a family man who left behind a daughter, and he was a good worker. We all went to the same Church. The Church in general gets attacked no matter what Church it is, or the beliefs being preached. What is angering me the most is how much Lancaster Baptist Church is trying to distance themselves from BOTH people especially a FORMER PASTOR. We all have made mistakes, and terrible choices that affect ourselves and others for the rest of our/their lives. I've learned that a good Church is a place for sinners while a bad Church is a place for people above approach rather than 'above reproach' which involves transparency. So what is wrong here?

"Whitman, up UNTIL LAST YEAR, was an employee at Lancaster Baptist Church, and he was also a youth pastor intern at the church many years ago, He was my friend and brother in Christ and a former EMPLOYEE..." LBC Associate Pastor Tim Christoson. Today in the newspaper, "Jeremy worked here for a period of time(17 years); he resigned here six months ago(in the beginning it was a 'shoulder injury', but will we ever truly know?)... We were co-workers for a number of years and his role at the Church was NOT a PASTORAL role. He had a CLERICAL role. Though Erik had attended Whitman's SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS, he was NOT an ACTIVE MEMBER at Lancaster Baptist Church." Christonson said. According to this link he WAS a Junior High YOUTH PASTOR at some time, and he served for 15 years at the Church. http://lbc-downloads.com/slc/2010/audio/15-capturing-gods-vision-for-your-life.mp3 "As our ASSISTANT PASTOR, Brother Jeremy Whitman, helped me this morning, we were able to encourage God’s people through teaching and through a video presentation about West Coast Baptist College." Pastor Paul Chappell http://www.paulchappell.com/tag/striving-together/page/10/#sthash.3qvlgwcD.dpuf

"Every member a minister, and every saint a servant" is a saying that Pastor Chappell promotes form the pulpit... I went soul winning with Both Jeremy and Erik. One was my Pastor, and the other was another Brother in Christ. Don't back peddle, degrade, and dishonor those lost by this horrible tragedy. Is this a reflection of The Church? Yes... This is how things are done at LBC, and Paul the Apostle who wrote the majority of the New Testament Murdered Christians. The Church should be a safe haven for those who suffer in their sins and want to come closer to God. A dear friend of mine who preaches in the Great North-West once told me a "Pastors Joke". he said, "ONLY SINNERS GO TO CHURCH." Once again Lancaster Baptist Church DON'T back peddle, degrade, and dishonor those lost be this horrible tragedy. John 8:31,32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jeremy Whitman, thank you for unreservedly and joyfully
investing yourself in assisting me and organizing the many
details of a growing ministry. Thank you for your servant’s heart
and excellent spirit." Paul Chappell Stewarding Life book

Jeremy Whitman preached at Bible Baptist Church Fairbanks Alaska 13 June 2010, Light house Baptist Church 12 October 2010, First Baptist Church in Amboy, Il 22 May 2010, and 2011 Spiritual Leadership Conference under Teenagers NOT Secretarial and Support Staff "Preparing for a Great Future in God's Will"...

Yes, Tim Christoson is not telling the truth when he says Jeremy Whitman did not hold a pastoral position. Chappell sure likes to talk about transparency, but the minute he finds the church in a public relations crisis he goes straight to the smoke and mirrors.

Why are these very public lies okay with the deacon board and members?

This post is repeatedly deleted off Facebook and in avtimes.
image_zps88af3e4c.jpg

Also many commenters were discussing Mark Chappell and linked a thread on Stuff Fundies Like. Shortly after SFL had been hacked. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Honey Badger said:

I don't think that 'makes you bitter'......