Jeri Massi Video Interview – Discussing Abuse within IFB Churches, David Hyles, and the Future of the IFB

PreacherBoysDoc

Elect
Reaction score

Over the course of 30 years, Jeri Massi has produced novels that have entertained and inspired young people. She also turned her skills to demanding protection for victims of abuse, producing a blog, books, and several audio documentaries on issues of abuse that Christians must confront.

I sat down to talk to Jeri about her tireless battle against abuse within the Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement.

I'm wondering if they work together to find the evidence of abuse.

Isn't she related to our very own Vinny Massi?

"There's nothing in the Torah about striking your children" Around the 25:30 mark.

That's the end of it for me.

De 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
But remember, "even though we're not saved by the law, if you're really saved, you'll keep the law." -all the nondenominational megachurches I grew up in

"...for ye are not under the law, but under grace." -Rom. 6:14 (glad to be a "dispy")

Even so, these particular IFB churches sound crazy in a different way. They sound like cults.
Is this how most of the IFB is?
If so the Free Grace churches who still use the KJV (Dr. Tom Cucuzza, Dr. Ralph Arnold) are clearly not IFB.

No wonder the IFB members on the forum OnlineBaptist.com banned UGC the moment we posted there.
YOU GUYS SEEING THIS PODCAST?
You're doing it wrong, IFB.
UGC is making you look bad with mad swag, IFB.
Are we embarrassing you because we know the KJV better than you, IFB.
Why are you running your Bible colleges like amish cults, IFB.
Why are you dressing your students like eskimos in the summer but not teaching them the Bible, IFB.
How come UGC follows none of your legalistic ways yet we teach the Bible better than you, and for free, IFB.
Go home, IFB. Go home.

#THEROASTOFTHEIFB

"There's nothing in the Torah about striking your children" Around the 25:30 mark.

De 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

You made it further than me.....

Wasn't her mention of the Torah in the context of infants? I don't think the passage you quote is addressing infants.

Over the course of 30 years, Jeri Massi has produced novels that have entertained and inspired young people. She also turned her skills to demanding protection for victims of abuse, producing a blog, books, and several audio documentaries on issues of abuse that Christians must confront.

I sat down to talk to Jeri about her tireless battle against abuse within the Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement.

I hope you both find the time soon to do another podcast. Thanks for posting this one. I found it engaging and informative.

Wasn't her mention of the Torah in the context of infants?

I wouldn't know as I'm not wasting my time listening to that kind of trash.

I'd rather spend my time reading the trash that logos666, tmjborg and Ransom post on here. If only Smellin' would post to balance the trash out.

I wouldn't know as I'm not wasting my time listening to that kind of trash.

I'd rather spend my time reading the trash that logos666, tmjborg and Ransom post on here. If only Smellin' would post to balance the trash out.
Well, if it comes with your recommendation I guess I'll go ahead and listen to it.

It seems more productive to me to raise a specific topic and discuss it rather than point people to a video for discussion.
I think the point is to draw people to the YouTube channel. I noted from the view count on most of the videos, they could use some traffic. With Jeri and the cutting edge topic, it has potential to attract a dozen...maybe a baker’s dozen.