Jesus and Stryper

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
MI0000381475.jpg

a4df352540ddc19a93bde3b6e6b9768d.jpg

Yagh. Those outfits.

Possible little-known fact (at least in CCM circles): Michael Sweet was also the lead singer of Boston from 2007-11. He was one of the performers at a tribute concert for the late Brad Delp, the band's original singer; Tom Scholz was impressed and asked him to take Delp's place.

Smellin Coffee said:

I've read the entire Bible and led 100 to Christ since seeing this photo this morning.  What an inspiration for godly living!

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I've read the entire Bible and led 100 to Christ since seeing this photo this morning.  What an inspiration for godly living!

Hahahahahaahahahah

Wait, what?

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I've read the entire Bible and led 100 to Christ since seeing this photo this morning. What an inspiration for godly living!

Only 100? You slacker you!!  ;D  :p  8)

HeDied4U said:
Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I've read the entire Bible and led 100 to Christ since seeing this photo this morning. What an inspiration for godly living!

Only 100? You slacker you!!  ;D  :p  8)

That was only in the morning.  Afternoon and evening totals are coming in soon.

Jack Hyles had some strong feelings toward Stryper and CCM music in general and called Jerry Falwell a "traitor" for leaving the IFB world to go liberal and endorse CCM music and TBN. Recently comedian Larry Brown had a nice rant on Stryper (youtube it).

When my friends in the neighborhood, in my youth, would say Christians were _______ , I'd say "but Stryper", and it would end there.

I'd rather hear Stryper than 99% of the rest of the CCM (whatever that is) that I've heard in the last 25 years.

earnestly contend

I think Tony Hutson would secretly like to be lead singer of Stryper. Tony's an Evangelist/Comedian/Singer as he normally breaks out in song during his sermons. Also, he's not fond of Hillsong calling them "Whores from Hell".

Ransom said:
Yagh. Those outfits.

Possible little-known fact (at least in CCM circles): Michael Sweet was also the lead singer of Boston from 2007-11. He was one of the performers at a tribute concert for the late Brad Delp, the band's original singer; Tom Scholz was impressed and asked him to take Delp's place.

I'm pretty sure they haven't worn those since about '88.

earnestly contend

The rotten fruit of CCM. Looking like the world and sounding like the world.

Biblebeliever said:
The rotten fruit of CCM. Looking like the world and sounding like the world.

The rotten fruit of sub-Christianity. KJV-onlyism and gullible fools who believe Michelle Obama is a man because they saw it on YouTube.

Scott,

I rather be a part of a movement that defends and believes in the Authority and inerrancy  and infallibility of the word of God, rather than part of your group which denies the inerrancy of the Bible.

Ransom said:
Biblebeliever said:
your group which denies the inerrancy of the Bible.

I don't deny the inerrancy of the Bible. You're a liar.

The Alexandrian cult and perverts do deny the perfection, infallibility and inerrancy of the word of God. They do not believe that the Scriptures are pure and inerrant. They do not even believe that God kept His promise to preserve His own words (Psa. 12:6-7).

Biblebeliever said:
The Alexandrian cult and perverts do deny the perfection, infallibility and inerrancy of the word of God.

The fictional "Alexandrian cult" is not my "group." You're a liar.