Jesus Revolution

voicecrying

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score

Just saw an ad for this - a movie about the Jesus Freak movement. Is anyone planning to see it?

Our church will pay for our tickets to see it if we cannot afford them and if we take an unsaved friend with us. I'm told Greg Laurie is part of or portrayed in this film. Our pastor was saved in Greg's church and was on staff there in the 80s and 90s.

I know little else about this film yet.

Hadn’t heard about it, but the truth is I ain’t very in touch with the movie scene anymore so it’s not surprising I hadn’t heard of it. I hadn’t heard that Kelsey Grammer was a Christian but supposedly he came (back) to Christ in 2017. Thanks for the heads up, I probably will watch it.

Just saw an ad for this - a movie about the Jesus Freak movement. Is anyone planning to see it?
That would be interesting to watch. I believe the "Jesus People" movement was a legitimate movement of God where many came to Christ and I would attribute my conversion to their influence! Lots of bad doctrine and cults as well but you will find the very same things going on with the first and second great awakening. I know many have done Masters Theses and Doctoral Dissertations on this movement so there is a great deal of information out there.

Chuck Smith and Calvary Chapel are commonly said to be at the "Epicenter" of the Jesus People movement and are (IMHO) the epitome of the good things coming out of it.

"We went for broke
With a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long haired Friends of Jesus
In a Chartreuse microbus"

They even made it into a CW McCall hit... 😎

"We went for broke
With a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long haired Friends of Jesus
In a Chartreuse microbus"

They even made it into a CW McCall hit... 😎

10 four rubber ducky!

A Calvinist would see it for the entertainment value, and that's all. Just like he'd watch Frasier.