Joe Combs and other criminals from HAC

prophet said:
qwerty said:
Jo said:
Great news!  For my own reference,  when you look at resumes, do you pay attention to whether or not the college was accredited? 

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
These always amuse me... Never once was accreditation a concern by any employer, college, or university I have attended with my degree.  There are many more incompetent individuals that have accredited degrees, and employers know this.
Exactly what I've seen.

Not that I would ever go back to being a slave...ahem...employee, but when I was, they couldn't have cared less about HAC's accreditation.

earnestly contend

The secular jobs I've had since earning my "worthless" degree have all started me at higher hourly wages and/or salary than other who held no degree in the same position because I held that "worthless" degree. 

patriotic said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:
Jo said:
Great news!  For my own reference,  when you look at resumes, do you pay attention to whether or not the college was accredited? 

These always amuse me... Never once was accreditation a concern by any employer, college, or university I have attended with my degree.  There are many more incompetent individuals that have accredited degrees, and employers know this.
Exactly what I've seen.

Not that I would ever go back to being a slave...ahem...employee, but when I was, they couldn't have cared less about HAC's accreditation.

earnestly contend

The secular jobs I've had since earning my "worthless" degree have all started me at higher hourly wages and/or salary than other who held no degree in the same position because I held that "worthless" degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_McMorris_Rodgers

PCC grad when it was unaccredited.

patriotic said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:
Jo said:

Exactly what I've seen.

earnestly contend

http://www.mcdonaldsjobs.net/

TheRealJonStewart said:
Criminals from HAC. You're kidding me right? Must be a Donald Trump supporter.

Criminals are from everywhere. We have criminals from NYC, from California, from Oregon, from UC Berkeley, from Harvard, from Wells Fargo, from the Democratic and Republican party, and the list goes on and on.

Why do you want  list of criminals from HAC specifically? what benefit does it do for you? Should I give you the list of all the criminals from the United States? Why do you care if Joe Combs is dead or alive? Let me help you out, Terrence Crutcher is dead and his murderer has been indicted for manslaughter.

While it is true that criminals are everywhere, I think that the percentage of HAC graduates who have been involved in crimes is much high that other Bible colleges.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Jo said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Criminals are from everywhere. We have criminals from NYC, from California, from Oregon, from UC Berkeley, from Harvard, from Wells Fargo, from the Democratic and Republican party, and the list goes on and on.

Why do you want  list of criminals from HAC specifically? what benefit does it do for you? Should I give you the list of all the criminals from the United States? Why do you care if Joe Combs is dead or alive? Let me help you out, Terrence Crutcher is dead and his murderer has been indicted for manslaughter.
You're not from these parts, are you?

For a conservative Bible college, HAC has had its fair share of graduates arrested for crimes, usually of a sexual nature.  There was a woman who kept an ongoing list on her website. I think it was jeriwho.com. Her focus has changed in recent years.

It is a sad thing when a potential employer can google your alma mater and instantly see HAC graduates and leaders who are sexual deviants.

So if a student goes to HAC and graduates, he or she should automatically be disqualified to work at any business? I am a part of the recruiting process in our company, I can assure you that while we do check out where the candidate goes his/her education... it really doesn't play an important role. We ask for GPA but we don't really care about that either. The interview process and the candidates' experience are the most important aspects of the resume we look at.

Not the point at all.  Point is that HAC either attracted people with a tendency toward those crimes, or their philosophies and practices they taught helped enable criminals.

Walt said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Jo said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

You're not from these parts, are you?

For a conservative Bible college, HAC has had its fair share of graduates arrested for crimes, usually of a sexual nature.  There was a woman who kept an ongoing list on her website. I think it was jeriwho.com. Her focus has changed in recent years.

It is a sad thing when a potential employer can google your alma mater and instantly see HAC graduates and leaders who are sexual deviants.

So if a student goes to HAC and graduates, he or she should automatically be disqualified to work at any business? I am a part of the recruiting process in our company, I can assure you that while we do check out where the candidate goes his/her education... it really doesn't play an important role. We ask for GPA but we don't really care about that either. The interview process and the candidates' experience are the most important aspects of the resume we look at.

Not the point at all.  Point is that HAC either attracted people with a tendency toward those crimes, or their philosophies and practices they taught helped enable criminals.
Both.

Once they had 2nd gen HACkers, they had a system of funneling both wolves and sheep to the Mothership

earnestly contend

Walt said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

While it is true that criminals are everywhere, I think that the percentage of HAC graduates who have been involved in crimes is much high that other Bible colleges.

Where is the proof of this percentage?

Holy Moley said:
Recently someone told me that Joe Combs had died in prison, but I can find nothing online that verifies that.  Does anyone know if it is true?

I'm aware of the Combseeze, Jack Schaap, Kerry Martin, Kent Rabe who have been/are in prison.  What other alumni or former staff who have been or are in the hoosegow, the clink, the big house, the farm, the stoney lonesome, the barred house, club fed, pen, pokie, stockade....eh, you know what I mean...?

Kerry Martin, why is that name familiar? Was he there in the 80's , briefly married to a staff member daughter?

switcher said:
Holy Moley said:
Recently someone told me that Joe Combs had died in prison, but I can find nothing online that verifies that.  Does anyone know if it is true?

I'm aware of the Combseeze, Jack Schaap, Kerry Martin, Kent Rabe who have been/are in prison.  What other alumni or former staff who have been or are in the hoosegow, the clink, the big house, the farm, the stoney lonesome, the barred house, club fed, pen, pokie, stockade....eh, you know what I mean...?

Kerry Martin, why is that name familiar? Was he there in the 80's , briefly married to a staff member daughter?

Never mind, I'm thinking of someone else.

It may depend on what industry you're in.  If it's the legal or medical profession, the unaccredited degree is not helpful.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Walt said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Where is the proof of this percentage?

A fair question.  Most of the people I've heard of have been HAC graduates, so it's just based upon what I've read.  I would be very interested in seeing the numbers of HAC, say, compared to Pensacola or Liberty or WCBC.

Holy Moley said:

Matt Jarrell.
AV Ballenger

Twisted said:
Holy Moley said:
I posted the graphic of his prison record which shows he's deceased.  That was in another thread.

Twisted, could you post the link to that, please? Thank you.

Vince Massi said:
Twisted said:
I posted the graphic of his prison record which shows he's deceased.  That was in another thread.

Twisted, could you post the link to that, please? Thank you.

You can't do a search yourself??

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/hyles-anderson-college/is-joe-combs-deceased

I have learned that every group has their percentage of people who are guilty of crimes and are involved in scandal.  I don't really know how one would go about verifying the percentage of each denomination involved in crimes or other scandal.  You might as well include politicians or members of your favorite sports teams - each of these demographics have scandal also.

Maybe the percentage from HAC is high, or maybe it is low compared to other institutions and denominations.  I have learned that people are easily deceived and frequently choose sin rather than righteousness and this epidemic is not limited to one segment of society.

I loved Joe Combs as a Bible teacher.  His life was a testament to the fact that our actions speak louder than our words.

Binaca Chugger said:
I have learned that every group has their percentage of people who are guilty of crimes and are involved in scandal.  I don't really know how one would go about verifying the percentage of each denomination involved in crimes or other scandal.  You might as well include politicians or members of your favorite sports teams - each of these demographics have scandal also.

Maybe the percentage from HAC is high, or maybe it is low compared to other institutions and denominations.  I have learned that people are easily deceived and frequently choose sin rather than righteousness and this epidemic is not limited to one segment of society.

100% Agree!

I've now been in both SBC church and IFB church and both have their fair share if criminal activities, so I've learned.