Joel Osteen is "entertainment."

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I received a flyer in the mail yesterday from SiriusXM radio (I am a past subscriber) trying to lure me back with a "6 months for just $29.95" special. In it, it listed all of the channels, broken down into different categories, that I could hear if I reactivate my dormant radio.

What I found quite telling was the fact that the Joel Osteen channel was listed in the entertainment category and not in the religion category.

His content certainly doesn't qualify as 'religious,' at least in my not so humble opinion and it isn't very 'entertaining' either, unless you just want to laugh at how absurd he can be sometimes.

:D

HeDied4U said:
I received a flyer in the mail yesterday from SiriusXM radio (I am a past subscriber) trying to lure me back with a "6 months for just $29.95" special. In it, it listed all of the channels, broken down into different categories, that I could hear if I reactivate my dormant radio.

What I found quite telling was the fact that the Joel Osteen channel was listed in the entertainment category and not in the religion catego
His content certainly doesn't qualify as 'religious,' at least in my not so humble opinion and it isn't very 'entertaining' either, unless you just want to laugh at how absurd he can be sometimes.

:D

It's sad when the secular pagans are more honest than those naming the name of Christ .

Pastor's tell a lot of stories, many of which turn out to be completely false.  They elicit a "feeling" and reaction from the crowd, but they are still lying.  I believe we should tell the truth in Christ and lie not.  Even if I tell a story as a joke and pretend that it is true (ala Jerry Clower), I always reveal at the end that it "didn't really happen." 

Fun Game:  What percentage of the stories do you believe these men tell are actually true, highly embellished, or totally false.

Jack Hyles - 30% True, 50% embellished, 20% false
Jack Schaap - 10% True, 40% embellished, 50% false
Joel Ostine - 20% True, 20% embellished, 60% false

Your thoughts on these men listed or any others you can think of?

Well of course that seeker sensitive false teacher Osteen is nothing more than entertainment. Tony Hutson calls him a "Closet sodomite with a Bon Jovi haircut". It's more sad that since Paul & Jan Crouch has passe don, their money greedy son Matt has turned TBN into a network that has broken away from the charismatic old school TBN-PTL club style of the past in favor of seeker sensitive false teachings of Osteen and the unqualified Steven Furtick and the whiskey driking chain smokin "celebrity pastor" Carl Lentz of Hillsong.