Joel & Victoria Osteen flash ?sign of the devil?

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This sounds like a headline from the Babylon Bee, but it's actually from the Blaze....

Megachurch pastor Joel Osteen and his wife, Victoria, caught major flak after photos of them at their son?s Jonathan?s graduation from the University of Texas went viral. The family was photographed throwing the ?Hook ?em Horns? hand sign that is nearly synonymous with attending UT.

Outside of the University?s usage portraying their mascot, the Texas Longhorn Bevo, the gesture has also been used in the music world, popularized by the late Ronnie James Dio who used it to mean ?rock on.?

However, in some cultures, the ?Hook ?em Horns? sign is construed as a sign of the devil, and many people on social media called Osteen and his family out in response for using what they perceived to be the devil?s sign.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/23/snowflakes-excoriate-joel-osteen-and-wife-for-throwing-sign-of-the-devil/

So, do the snowflakes have a point or are they making mountains out of molehills?

:D :D

The "devil" sign is also the hand gesture for love or I love you in American Sign Language. Of course if you read ASL backwards you'll get the back of the hand.  8)

The people who get off track on the "satanic influence" crap need to get a clue.

HeDied4U said:
So, do the snowflakes have a point or are they making mountains out of molehills?

It's stupid. That gesture probably has at least half a dozen meanings depending on context.

Tony Hutson has said in sermons that Joel Osteen came out of hell. He does seem bitter towards Osteen because Osteen has a "Bon Jovi" haircut while Bro. Hutson doesn't have any. When it comes to theology, comedy, and buffet's, Hutson has Osteen beat..........HAY MAN!

TonyHutsonComedian said:
Tony Hutson has said in sermons that Joel Osteen came out of hell. He does seem bitter towards Osteen because Osteen has a "Bon Jovi" haircut while Bro. Hutson doesn't have any. When it comes to theology, comedy, and buffet's, Hutson has Osteen beat..........HAY MAN!
Tony once bench pressed over 750 pounds in a certified match and squatted 1040 lbs. in a Georgia power lifting tournament. He may be big but he's also strong.

THC: Whats your beef with Tony?

joel olsteen is a ear tickling, liar that preaches heresy and is only interested in keeping people happy and keep them brining in money....

I know I have a beating coming now........................

It could also mean I'm richer than you are.

So  Ronny James Dio's marketing ploy used to peddle his record albums cemented a permanent definition of  an otherwise benign hand gesture?  If it's true, WOW.  Gotta give this guy some credit

If Olsteen deserves criticism, and he does, this is definitely a stupid article.

It is the UT hand symbol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any flack Osteen gets he deserves because not only do IFB's dislike him but the MacArthur/Piper/Washer/Todd Friel (Wretched) don't care for Osteen either.