John 3:16

Tim

Elect
Reaction score
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life.

Tim said:
I know I wouldn't be comfortable issuing the licenses.
Agreed. A Christian cannot issue a license for a homosexual couple to fornicate. It's endorsing their sin &  placing a stamp of approval on it

It's not a marriage....even if the unbelievers want to re-define the Bible (the truth) they cannot. The truth is the truth

Do you commend that clerk for her stand? I feel like her only other option would be to quit her job.
I admire her for it. Now she has a criminal record so that will place a barrier probably... to future employment.
With that, I feel bad for her. She does the right thing yet suffers for it

The state should be forced to fire her. She shouldn't go to jail.

She could then file a lawsuit against the state for wrongful termination. That's the only way there can really be an end to the issue. The Supreme Court refuses to address the issue directly. They will continue to do this until they are forced to do it.

I suspect that the Supreme Court will then find itself in tons of trouble with the American public.

they have no choice but to fire her but I cannot see it removing the criminal penalty unless...on the paperwork it happened
right before she refused to issue the license. It could happen

She is an elected official. She cannot be fired, only impeached.

If a Muslim man worked at the DMV and refused in the name of Allah to give women their rightful drivers' licenses, should he be allowed to discriminate? He is a representative of the state. In her case, she should have resigned.

On the other hand, I don't believe she should be forced to violate her religious beliefs. New officials should be required to adhere to the policies. Since the policy was made after her election, she should be a grandfathered exception and someone else from the same office can do the filings.

Both sides are at fault here and no, she is not being persecuted for her faith.

Jesus had more recorded issues with divorce than with homosexuality. Why then did she not make a fuss before filing all those divorce cases she processed?

She should resign. With that said, it's a bit ironic that someone with three divorces is lecturing others on God's design for marriage.

Smellin Coffee said:

If a Muslim man worked at the DMV and refused in the name of Allah to give women their rightful drivers' licenses, should he be allowed to discriminate? He is a representative of the state. In her case, she should have resigned.

On the other hand, I don't believe she should be forced to violate her religious beliefs. New officials should be required to adhere to the policies. Since the policy was made after her election, she should be a grandfathered exception and someone else from the same office can do the filings.

I didn't realize she was an elected official.

She is being persecuted for her faith. They could have done something besides throw her in jail. In fact, the lawyers on BOTH sides didn't want her to go to jail. They asked for a fine. The "judge" refused.

praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:

She is being persecuted for her faith. They could have done something besides throw her in jail. In fact, the lawyers on BOTH sides didn't want her to go to jail. They asked for a fine. The "judge" refused.

Nope. She has the option of resigning and she refuses.

I'm wondering how much $ she will make on some "GoFundMe" account... ::)

Smellin Coffee said:
Jesus had more recorded issues with divorce than with homosexuality. Why then did she not make a fuss before filing all those divorce cases she processed?

My understanding is that the divorces were before she got saved.

rsc2a said:
With that said, it's a bit ironic that someone with three divorces is lecturing others on God's design for marriage.

You and CNN have a lot in common.  Nevermind the context of her divorces was pre-conversion.

Gofundme won't allow her to have an account because her actions violate the law.
She needs to find a new line of work.  It would be more appropriate for her to resign than to refuse to do her job and follow the law. 
I agree with the comparison of a Quaker county employee refusing to issue concealed weapons permits and the one SmellingCoffee just made about the Islamic DMV employee  denying licenses to women over his religious beliefs.
We are a nation of laws.  There are mechanisms in place  to change laws. Use them.

Smellin Coffee said:
praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Nope. She has the option of resigning and she refuses.

I'm wondering how much $ she will make on some "GoFundMe" account... ::)

Really?

Why should she resign?

Are you purposely making things up? Do you know of a "GoFundMe" account?

ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:
With that said, it's a bit ironic that someone with three divorces is lecturing others on God's design for marriage.

You and CNN have a lot in common.  Nevermind the context of her divorces was pre-conversion.

It doesn't matter to him. "Mocker" thinks he's better than she is. It wouldn't have happened to him because he's so "smart"!

NUT talks of forgiveness but he selective applies to whomever he agrees with at the time. In other words... your "typical" liberal nut.

AmazedbyGrace said:
Gofundme won't allow her to have an account because her actions violate the law.
She needs to find a new line of work.  It would be more appropriate for her to resign than to refuse to do her job and follow the law. 
I agree with the comparison of a Quaker county employee refusing to issue concealed weapons permits and the one SmellingCoffee just made about the Islamic DMV employee  denying licenses to women over his religious beliefs.
We are a nation of laws.  There are mechanisms in place  to change laws. Use them.

She can do as she pleases.... and she can suffer or not suffer for it.

If you were in the same position. You might not resign yourself.

Her Lawyer made the case that the marriage license could be issued without her and that her name could be removed from the certificates. The judge refused to even consider it. They could have had what they wanted without throwing her in jail or forcing her to violate her conscience.

You need to look at the case again.

praise_yeshua said:
ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

It doesn't matter to him. "Mocker" thinks he's better than she is. It wouldn't have happened to him because he's so "smart"!

NUT talks of forgiveness but he selective applies to whomever he agrees with at the time. In other words... your "typical" liberal nut.
What are you raving about now?

rsc2a said:
praise_yeshua said:
ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

What are you raving about now?

Its telling how you don't even recognize the hypocrisy of your statement.

praise_yeshua said:
Really?

Why should she resign?

Because if doing what's expected in her job duties violates her conscience, it would be the ethical option to do.

praise_yeshua said:
Are you purposely making things up? Do you know of a "GoFundMe" account?

It was tongue-in-cheek as the "anti-gay pizza" guys raised about a quarter million bucks on their "religious stand".

praise_yeshua said:
Her Lawyer made the case that the marriage license could be issued without her and that her name could be removed from the certificates. The judge refused to even consider it. They could have had what they wanted without throwing her in jail or forcing her to violate her conscience.

You need to look at the case again.

And this is the issue with the Judge. Judges don't like being stood against. I know. I watched My Cousin Vinny just last week!  ;D