John MacArthur's Opinion of BJU and Fundamentalism

I've not called you a liar. But, I will now since you've posted an OBVIOUS, INTENTIONAL lie. Your father, Satan, is calling. you need to go answer the phone...he's waiting. Movie references don't impress me, I think you need to drop the "s" in your screen name...it fits you better.
You can not comprehend what you wrote, but that is par for you AverageIdiot

You're online all day posting opinionated, long posts.
And what if I am, Boob..er...Bob? That's MY business, not yours. Maybe you should be worrying about your own life, loser.

For AverageIdiot, even a cave man could have figured this out or found it.

Although BJU had admitted Asian students and other ethnic groups from its inception, it did not enroll African or African-American students until 1971. From 1971 to 1975, BJU admitted only married Black people, although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had already determined in 1970 that "private schools with racially discriminatory admissions policies" were not entitled to federal tax exemption. In 1975, the University Board of Trustees authorized a change in policy to admit Black students, a move that occurred shortly before the announcement of the Supreme Court decision in Runyon v. McCrary (427 U.S. 160 [1976]), which prohibited racial exclusion in private schools.[120] However, in May of that year, BJU expanded rules against interracial dating and marriage.[121]

For AverageIdiot, even a cave man could have figured this out or found it.

Although BJU had admitted Asian students and other ethnic groups from its inception, it did not enroll African or African-American students until 1971. From 1971 to 1975, BJU admitted only married Black people, although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had already determined in 1970 that "private schools with racially discriminatory admissions policies" were not entitled to federal tax exemption. In 1975, the University Board of Trustees authorized a change in policy to admit Black students, a move that occurred shortly before the announcement of the Supreme Court decision in Runyon v. McCrary (427 U.S. 160 [1976]), which prohibited racial exclusion in private schools.[120] However, in May of that year, BJU expanded rules against interracial dating and marriage.[121]
LOL...And, if you'd read any of my posts, you'd see that I was fully aware of BJU's policies, especially since my home church sent students there. I also stated that I had dated a black girl at that time, as well as an Asian girl. I wanted these hit-and-run morons, probably including you, to post evidence, not just blather their tripe and run away like little scared girls.

i don;t personally know anyone who went to bob jones university.... ..but i do know a racist
when i see one..... ..and i did find this interview bob jones 3rd gave to larry king in march
of 2000 where he attempted to defend the university policy of banning interracial dating..
..a racist policy that was very much still intact and being enforced in the year 2000...

the way jones 3rd talks in this video is sickening and disgusting... and i don;t think it;s
ironic at all that the anti-interrcial dating policy at bob jones ended on the same day as
this interview..... . moments after claiming everything he did at that college was based on
bibilical principle bob jones 3rd was caught defending an indefensible, unscriptural,.. and
extra-biblical policy .. and he knew it.... ..he back peddled faster than a fat man on
a bicycle who just realized he had passed a donut shop.......

Last edited:
i don;t personally know anyone who went to bob jones university.... ..but i do know a racist
when i see one..... ..and i did find this interview bob jones 3rd gave to larry king in march
of 2000 where he attempted to defend the university policy of banning interracial dating..
..a racist policy that was very much still intact and being enforced in the year 2000...

the way the man talks in this video is sickening and disgusting... and i don;t think it;s ironic
at all that the anti-interrcial dating policy at bob jones ended on the same day as this
interview..... . moments after claiming everything he did at that college was based on
bibilical principle - the man was caught defending an indefensible, unscriptural,.. and
extra-biblical policy .. and he knew it.... ..he back peddled faster than a fat man on
a bicycle who just realized he had passed a donut shop.......

Just curious with your background from Hawaii, have you experienced native Hawaiian people being racist/prejudicial towards non-Hawaiians? I do realize the colonial background of Hawaii and it’s of course appalling, but the reason I ask, is I’ve heard in *today’s world* that there are some who are anti-white/black/whatever. Curious what you’ve witnessed.

Just curious with your background from Hawaii, have you experienced native Hawaiian people being racist/prejudicial towards non-Hawaiians? I do realize the colonial background of Hawaii and it’s of course appalling, but the reason I ask, is I’ve heard in *today’s world* that there are some who are anti-white/black/whatever. Curious what you’ve witnessed.

unfortunately i have witnessed it..... quite a few times.. ...it has never been directed at me... probably because i am just as brown as they are.... but i have experienced racism before from people of other races... most often from people of japanese ancestry...... they have the practice of racism down to a fine art. ... ..... and yet... none of it was as bad as what i experienced and witnessed while visiting the u.s. mainland.... .

but as far as hawaii goes.... there are many different races here and at one time or another i have seen individual members of all races practice or display racism.... ...most don;t even realize they are doing it.... ...but i did hear one of my native hawaiian friends tell another one that she had no room to complain because they themselves ..(the hawaiians)... were among the most racist people on this island.... i didn;t agree.... but i could see her points..... and you are right - the islands history is behind a lot of it.... even paradise can have it;s complications.....

by the way.... i love that jeep in your avatar..... we have an old jeep kinda like that.... except ours is much older and lot more beaten up...... not quite as wide as yours either.... we use it mostly for hunting in the rainforest now....

On a side note, out of all the Christian School curriculum, I always thought Bob Jones was the worst.
Many I know who've used it haven't continued to do so. My sister used it with my nephew. She went to another provider mid-stream

by the way.... i love that jeep in your avatar..... we have an old jeep kinda like that.... except ours is much older and lot more beaten up...... not quite as wide as yours either.... we use it mostly for hunting in the rainforest now....
It’s fun to drive on the beach in the Outer Banks…as long as you keep an eye on the tide!

It’s fun to drive on the beach in the Outer Banks…as long as you keep an eye on the tide!
the only time i ever get to drive is in our jeep.... and only on the remote rainforest trails and ravines we have to traverse to get where we are going.... (no drivers license). ... but like you say it is great fun... ....driving on the beach is prohibited here but i know what you mean.... the ocean cannot be taken lightly.... and neither can what looks like an easy trail or ravine to drive through.... the jeep had dents long before i ever drove it... but i put a few new ones in it... thankfully i never damaged the drive train or did anything that got us stuck up there... but i did drive it through a flooded ravine once where water was up into the jeep at waist level.... that;s an experience every jeep driver should have at least once..... :cool:

Last edited:
the only time i ever get to drive is in our jeep.... and only on the remote rainforest trails and ravines we have to traverse to get where we are going.... (no drivers license). ... but like you say it is great fun... ....driving on the beach is prohibited here but i know what you mean.... the ocean cannot be taken lightly.... and neither can what looks like an easy trail or ravine to drive through.... the jeep had dents long before i ever drove it... but i put a few new ones in it... thankfully i never damaged the drive train or did anything that got us stuck up there... but i did drive it through a flooded ravine once where water was up into the jeep at waist level.... that;s an experience every jeep driver should have at least once..... :cool:
Driving a Jeep in Hawaii must be insane. I’d love to do that one day. Just curious, did you used to drive? (You said no license?)

Driving a Jeep in Hawaii must be insane. I’d love to do that one day. Just curious, did you used to drive? (You said no license?)

i got my license as a teenager... and even had my own car for a while... . but lost my license after having a seizure behind the wheel at a stop light.. and almost causing a major accident... ...i tried many times to get it back but never could get medically cleared... ..i have a lot of mental health issues including schizophrenia caused by childhood abuse and trauma.... but on the bright side i get free bus passes for as long as the doctor refuses to clear me for driving... but the negative side to that is conditions on the busses have gone really bad .... overcrowded and not with the friendliest of people either.... so most days my primary means of transport is a bicycle... or just walking.... ankle express my dad calls it.... and in my opinion what the bicycle did for my physical health more than made up for what couldn;t be done mental wise.....

but i have come to the conclusion i am better off without driving on the roads here anyway..... for me driving in hawaii today would not be fun... it would be if all the roads were like back country roads and uncrowded... but they are not.... this island has some pretty horendous traffic.... i had a hard time with it in my teens when it was much lighter... i don;t really want to try and handle it now.... i even gave up on bugging my doctor for a new evaluation and new license consideration.... it;s not a big deal to me any more....

I kinda figured. Probably on the dole. Gives you plenty of time to argue the finer points of Pharasaism and critique working men's beliefs.
As I stated on another thread, you're nothing more than a self-righteous, Pharisaical twit. You have no idea what I do, or don't do for that matter. Remove that beam from YOUR eye before you try to remove a splinter from mine.

You don't have any secrets do you? I just mean that most people would not tell things like that about themselves for fear of looking weak. And the thing is, it deepens my respect for you, and gives me pause about how I hide my junk.

no... but not because i don;t want to..... i was forced to keep secrets the first 9 years of my life... other peoples dirty secrets.. .... but in the court hearing that resulted in sending them to jail i was told for the first time i didn;t have to keep secrets for anybody... ..once i started telling the truth about all that had happened, something else happened... and i lost the ability to keep secrets ever again.... attempting to fight it and hold things in ends up being very unhealthy....

but thanks for the compliment.... and i hope learning that it;s not voluntary on my part doesn;t diminish your respect for me.... but it has done that with some others in the past...

no... but not because i don;t want to..... i was forced to keep secrets the first 9 years of my life... other peoples dirty secrets.. .... but in the court hearing that resulted in sending them to jail i was told for the first time i didn;t have to keep secrets for anybody... ..once i started telling the truth about all that had happened, something else happened... and i lost the ability to keep secrets ever again.... attempting to fight it and hold things in ends up being very unhealthy....

but thanks for the compliment.... and i hope learning that it;s not voluntary on my part doesn;t diminish your respect for me.... but it has done that with some others in the past...
For me, my respect for you have not diminish, just speaking out loud. I know the thread was not directed to me.

Nope, not one iota.
It never affected my opinion of you. I learned early after having several friends who had mental challenges that they were people who didn't ask for them, and who were dealing with something that others should want to learn about and take into consideration.

Everyone has their opinions of McArthur but I do admire him and enjoy some of his books. "Charismatic Chaos" is superb.