Johnny Mac telling it like it is...

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
John MacArthur skewers Beth Moore, Paula White, evangelicals who support women preachers
https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-skewers-beth-moore-paula-white-evangelicals-who-support-women-preachers.html?fbclid=IwAR1izR8v0Kqgi0lRLeCJvO6r21G2EUXzWRq8Sp_IM8b-RA2oKvuSTYlhsCg

It seems SBC leadership isn't opposing the idea of female pastors.

Yep. God commands that those who happen to be born with a vagina can't teach theology to those who have been born with a penis. If you are born with a vagina, you can't qualify.

::) ::) ::)

Tarheel Baptist said:
John MacArthur skewers Beth Moore, Paula White, evangelicals who support women preachers
https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-skewers-beth-moore-paula-white-evangelicals-who-support-women-preachers.html?fbclid=IwAR1izR8v0Kqgi0lRLeCJvO6r21G2EUXzWRq8Sp_IM8b-RA2oKvuSTYlhsCg

And nothing MacArthur said in his answer was, in fact, wrong.

The "go home" part was his response to Todd Friel's request for a "pithy" or "one-word" response. (MacArthur also humorously remarked that he thought he was being set up.) "Go home" should be taken as a lighthearted answer. The in-depth answer was unassailable.

Smellin Coffee said:
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png

Tarheel Baptist said:

I think if Jesus wanted female preachers he would have chosen some to be apostles (as part of the 12). And yes he could have done that as he already went against the Talmudic thinking by the way he treated women.  And it has nothing to do with ability or inability to teach theology. It's about order and authority. 

brianb said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

I think if Jesus wanted female preachers he would have chosen some to be apostles (as part of the 12). And yes he could have done that as he already went against the Talmudic thinking by the way he treated women.  And it has nothing to do with ability or inability to teach theology. It's about order and authority.

So if Jesus' apostles consisted of the twelve, this would mean Paul wasn't one. Thanks for agreeing with me! LOL!

Actually that logic is somewhat inconsistent. Jesus selected an 'unsaved' man as an apostle, so using your argument, it would be wrong for women to preach but OK for 'lost' males to preach.

Escapee said:
HereIStand said:

WRONG. SMH

Really? The SBC president tweeted his support of Beth Moore in response to MacArthur.

HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:

WRONG. SMH

Really? The SBC president tweeted his support of Beth Moore in response to MacArthur.

That would depend on who you consider SBC "leadership", and which one of the "leaders" you are listening to.  I know you have heard of Al Mohler. Of the approximately 40,000 independent churches that affiliate with the SBC only 30 have female pastors...and those are the ones who hold joint affiliation with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.  Hardly a movement.

T-Bone said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:

WRONG. SMH

That would depend on who you consider SBC "leadership", and which one of the "leaders" you are listening to.  I know you have heard of Al Mohler. Of the approximately 40,000 independent churches that affiliate with the SBC only 30 have female pastors...and those are the ones who hold joint affiliation with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.  Hardly a movement.

SBC head JD Greear tweeted his support for Beth Moore in response to MacArthur.

Al Mohler has been sound. Lately, he seems to be shifting somewhat.

https://christianintellectual.com/mohler/

HereIStand said:
T-Bone said:
HereIStand said:
Escapee said:
HereIStand said:

WRONG. SMH

SBC head JD Greear tweeted his support for Beth Moore in response to MacArthur.

Al Mohler has been sound. Lately, he seems to be shifting somewhat.

https://christianintellectual.com/mohler/

Yeah there are many of us that have great problems with Greear...and have stood and said so.  So glad he has no authority to speak for me, my church, or any other church except his own.  I do understand he is presented as the "face" of the SBC, but again he has ZERO authority.  Sadly he does have the ability to appoint to the different committees...that could end up being troublesome.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Judas never saw the resurrected Savior
Disciple, not Apostle..... Carry on.

Smooth.

Judas was chosen to fulfill prophecy, and Jesus knew he would be condemned (John 17:12).

Ransom said:

Judas was chosen to fulfill prophecy, and Jesus knew he would be condemned (John 17:12).
Oh you mean Jesus didn't make a mistake? ;D 

Ransom said:

And yet that still doesn't change the premise. If apostleship = preachers, then Judas qualified based on his apostleship.

And to address your moved goalpost, did Jesus send Judas out to preach when he sent the twelve, all while knowing Judas was "lost"?