Just in Case You Were Wondering Just What John Wilkerson is All About . . .

I did not know that story.  Thanks for posting it.  Heartache comes to all of us in life.  God bless'em.

On a side note, how does a church that size and with that budget have such a horrible hum in his lav mic?  Fly me there and I'll fix it.

TidesofTruth said:

I did not listen to this as it is over 30 minutes but I don't need it to know what JW is about. He has my utmost respect and admiration! He is a fine man who has stepped into a 6' deep pile of garbage! Little by little fbch is starting to become a more normal church with a normal pastor and is a hard go for some who are not used to normal. He is not, however, a real dynamic individual like his predecessors. Which IMO is a good thing.

I have not attended fbch much for the past 2 or 3 years and am going to another church in the area. He talked to me about this and I told him flat out, "I went to fbch for the last 25 years and for the last 10 I have really struggled. I was faithful and involved in ministry but I dreaded going and looked for any excuse to stay home. Now I can't wait to go to church." He seemed to be okay with that.

IFB X-Files said:
On a side note, how does a church that size and with that budget have such a horrible hum in his lav mic?  Fly me there and I'll fix it.

They have needed an outsider to come in and revamp the whole PA system for a while now.  They spent a ton of money when they built the new auditorium on the PA and still did not get it right. 

Wilkerson will never be on the same level as his mentor Hyles or Schaap, Larry Brown, Tony Hutson, Jack Treiber etc. in terms of popularity. But Wilkerson doesn't rant and rave on women in pants/CCM music/Movies & Pop Culture like the above mentioned names were fond of doing.

jack-schaap-framed-hard-cover.jpg

What a very sweet tribute to his son.  It honestly touched my heart.  For being a short video the Wilkerson's gave a really sweet testimony to their son.  God bless. 

Wilkerson is a thoroughly compromised man!  How can he possibly not be?  He turned a deliberate blind eye to the abuse of FBC for 25 years, including the Hyles affair with J. Nischic, Hyles' doctrinal garbage (if you aren't saved out a KJV you aren't saved) and Schaap saying that communion was having "spiritual sex" with Jesus.  Sound doctrine matters, folks, and looking the other way to perversion is abhorrent to God.  What about FBC giving Dave Hyles a standing ovation (I was there) when he returned after still being the primary suspect in a child's murder and having been caught in Texas having affairs with as many as 25 women in his church and having published pictures of him and his wife having sex in a solicitation for group sex in Adam magazine in Chicago?  How to these things, and Wilkerson looking the other way, not GAG a holy God??????  All of this evidence has been readily available for many, many years.

Sailorman said:
Wilkerson is a thoroughly compromised man!  How can he possibly not be?  He turned a deliberate blind eye to the abuse of FBC for 25 years, including the Hyles affair with J. Nischic, Hyles' doctrinal garbage (if you aren't saved out a KJV you aren't saved) and Schaap saying that communion was having "spiritual sex" with Jesus.  Sound doctrine matters, folks, and looking the other way to perversion is abhorrent to God.  What about FBC giving Dave Hyles a standing ovation (I was there) when he returned after still being the primary suspect in a child's murder and having been caught in Texas having affairs with as many as 25 women in his church and having published pictures of him and his wife having sex in a solicitation for group sex in Adam magazine in Chicago?  How to these things, and Wilkerson looking the other way, not GAG a holy God??????  All of this evidence has been readily available for many, many years.

It is very sad.  Just think of the respect JW would get if he stood up behind FBCH pulpit and went through the doctrinal error of JH and JS both.  Letting FBCH know, this is not where we stand doctrinally and give them verse by verse reason why. 

That being said, it makes one wonder, what the JH supporters would have to say about JW, if he were to do this..............it would be interesting.

Sailorman said:

Your inclusion of this list on this thread says a whole bunch more about you than it does John Wilkerson...

Tom Brennan said:
Sailorman said:

Your inclusion of this list on this thread says a whole bunch more about you than it does John Wilkerson...
Bingo!

I wonder why they brought in JW?

Could it be that he took one church in turmoil and brought it back to the Hyles way.

Ah yes, let's get back to all things Jack.

Mathew Ward said:

Could it be that he took one church in turmoil and brought it back to the Hyles way.

Honestly, who do you think that they would bring in?  Piper?

Mathew Ward said:

Something you may not understand...FBCH has  American Baptist roots, and was probably not looking for any more Hyles style leadership.

Israel wanted a break after David and Solomon.

The problem lies in the split personality that FBCH has.
The people who pay the bills there are very little like the starry-eyed zealots that immigrated to "Mecca".
Unfortunately, the locals don't always have the loudest voice.

Sailorman said:

Geez.  Give the guy a chance!  He left California to go to Hammond, IN because he felt it was the will of God.  How can we argue that???  He didn't have anything to do with the scandals of the past.  He is there trying to help the remnant that remained.  You don't know that he has "turned a blind eye".  And I'm pretty sure that your own sin...and mine...GAG a holy God.  Don't be so self-righteous. 

^ agree with you. You have to give him a chance. From what I have seen he is a humble man wanting to serve the Lord and do right. He is going in the right direction! He cant change things over night.

I have no idea in the world what you think my statement about Wilkerson says  says about me.    A wise man once said, "SILENCE IS THE VOICE OF COMPLICITY."  Wilkerson was silent in the face of legendary, epic and pathological abuse for 25 years.  Are you denying that?  "If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil."  (Another wise man said that.  His name was Jesus.)

16KJV11 said:
Tom Brennan said:
Sailorman said:

DITTO! 

Bingo!

If all a person is about is loyalty to institutions and personalities and not principles, then I have some advice for them when it comes to the ministry:  GET OUT!  The world has seen enough of  shallow Christians whose theology is a stack of bumper stickers and who praise and follow human leaders and act as if the church is sacrosanct.  You would be more at home in Roman Catholicism.  At least they are honest about their hierarchy.

Sailorman said:
If all a person is about is loyalty to institutions and personalities and not principles, then I have some advice for them when it comes to the ministry:  GET OUT!  The world has seen enough of  shallow Christians whose theology is a stack of bumper stickers and who praise and follow human leaders and act as if the church is sacrosanct.  You would be more at home in Roman Catholicism.  At least they are honest about their hierarchy.
Grounded Grid, is that you?

I've been over critical of him in the past and I was wrong. I apologize. My biggest concern is the expectation he/we set when we talk of "Grief". Everyone experiences grief differently and reacts different. Some people are strong and some are weak. We should never expect the weak to be strong or for others to handle grief just like we do.... or exactly like they SHOULD.