Justifiable?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article153775044.html

I don't think we can determine justifiable based on the facts we have. Was it really self defense? Were there other options that were ignored before the situation reached this point? It is a sad situation and I feel for all the family members involved. Mental illness causes heartbreak for many families.

LongGone said:
I don't think we can determine justifiable based on the facts we have. Was it really self defense? Were there other options that were ignored before the situation reached this point? It is a sad situation and I feel for all the family members involved. Mental illness causes heartbreak for many families.

LOL!

C'mon....isn't it justifiable to shoot someone who takes your biscuits and gravy?

its extremely sad.  but it is hard to say.

the boy was beating his sister and cousin in a wheel chair.  im gonna get beat up bad on here over this one......but I am the type that does not believe in the saying "if you kill a killer there are still the same amount of killers in the world"  I look at it as a threat to the safety and well being of the honest and harmless members of society. 

if the boy was a threat to society and a person that is not a threat to random innocent people......then I have no problem with him being removed from society.  at the same time....if the dad was mentally unstable, as sad as that would be, then that doesn't change the fact that he is a danger to the safety and well being of law biding citizens...so he should be dealt with accordingly (not necessarily killed) 

ex.  if bob were to see ted rape someone......and kill them....or maybe viciously beat young children on a regular basis or something to that effect....and bob took ted out but was not a danger to good decent people.....bob provided a service to society.  if bob is put away...the only ones served and protected by the law....are the rapist, murderers, and childe beaters. 

Twisted said:
LongGone said:

LOL!

C'mon....isn't it justifiable to shoot someone who takes your biscuits and gravy?

No it is not justifiable to shoot someone who takes your biscuits and gravy but that isn't what happen either. It is a little hard to see what you LOL at in this situation.

RunsWithScissors said:
To decipher what actually took place without being present, is an impossibility

And yet you gave FSSL a negative.

Twisted said:
RunsWithScissors said:

FSSL hasn't even posted in this thread. Quit stirring the pot using me as your excuse

Twisted said:
RunsWithScissors said:

She did WHAT[emoji845]

You are absolutely correct Twisted. I just ignored it. The jury is still making it whether this one truly is who she says she is...

FSSL said:
The jury is still making it whether this one truly is who she says she is...
you are addressing it, a neg from another thread...thus are certainly not ignoring anything
you mean the fff peanut gallery...not the jury
  :eek: 8)

FSSL said:
Twisted said:
RunsWithScissors said:

She did WHAT[emoji845]

You are absolutely correct Twisted. I just ignored it. The jury is still making it whether this one truly is who she says she is...

If this is the RWS from the old forum, she seems to have lost an IQ point or two...

the punctuation is familiar  ;)