Kamala Harris?

Why is Kamala Harris not a natural born citizen? Explain using relevant law and legal precedent. If you can. Which I strongly doubt.

One has to wonder why the obvious is so ignored? We all know the Constitution is not generally followed or believed, but you'd think that if they follow any of the requirements for the office of president, they'd follow ALL of them.

The 12th Amendment states: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." Harris does not qualify.

As far as Agnew, his father was a Greek immigrant. Obama's father was Kenyan. Ted Cruz's father was Cuban, plus he was born a Canadian citizen. Marco Rubio is like Harris, an anchor baby with Cuban parents.

The reason for the distinction and requirement for being "natural-born" is pretty well explained in these two articles.

The bottom line reason is allegiance. The Founders wanted no future president to have any allegiance to another country at birth. It's pretty simple stuff, meaning Ransom will never figure it out.

If Kamala is not a "natural born citizen" because her parents were not American citizens, where does this leave George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson and William Henry Harrison? All of their parents were British citizens - none were American citizens.

When Chester Alan Arthur (born in Northern Vermont, 15 miles from the Quebec border) ran for Vice President in 1880, there were rumors that he was actually born in Canada. Didn't stop him from becoming President in 1881 when James Garfield was assassinated.

I was wondering why no one had a problem with Mexico-born George Romney running for President in 1967. Apparently it was agreed that he was eligible because his parents were American citizens.

I never paid much attention to the Obama "birther" controversy in 2008 because I figured that if he had really been born in Kenya, the Clinton and McCain people would have dug that up in their researches, and publicized it. If they didn't bring it up, that means they must not have been able to find any hard evidence. Meanwhile, Alberta-born Ted Cruz was given a free pass to run for President in 2016 - not sure why, but it's okay, we love all Canadians, except Justin Bieber.

Admittedly, the "natural born citizen" issue is a bit of a gray area, like many, many other things in our Constitooshun. It would be nice if American courts would make a definitive determination on the meaning of "natural born citizen" but until that time, it would probably be much more profitable for us to concentrate on the issues, and where Kamala stands on the issues, as opposed to harping on the "natural born citizen" issue.

We already know that Kamala has called Sleepy Joe a racist and sex pervert - maybe we should be focusing more on that.

If Kamala is not a "natural born citizen" because her parents were not American citizens, where does this leave George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson and William Henry Harrison? All of their parents were British citizens - none were American citizens.

When Chester Alan Arthur (born in Northern Vermont, 15 miles from the Quebec border) ran for Vice President in 1880, there were rumors that he was actually born in Canada. Didn't stop him from becoming President in 1881 when James Garfield was assassinated.

I was wondering why no one had a problem with Mexico-born George Romney running for President in 1967. Apparently it was agreed that he was eligible because his parents were American citizens.

I never paid much attention to the Obama "birther" controversy in 2008 because I figured that if he had really been born in Kenya, the Clinton and McCain people would have dug that up in their researches, and publicized it. If they didn't bring it up, that means they must not have been able to find any hard evidence. Meanwhile, Alberta-born Ted Cruz was given a free pass to run for President in 2016 - not sure why, but it's okay, we love all Canadians, except Justin Bieber.

Admittedly, the "natural born citizen" issue is a bit of a gray area, like many, many other things in our Constitooshun. It would be nice if American courts would make a definitive determination on the meaning of "natural born citizen" but until that time, it would probably be much more profitable for us to concentrate on the issues, and where Kamala stands on the issues, as opposed to harping on the "natural born citizen" issue.

We already know that Kamala has called Sleepy Joe a racist and sex pervert - maybe we should be focusing more on that.
Wow.

Do you EVER read the Constitution?

NONE of the Founders were "natural-born" and the Constitution accounts for that.

And yes, there was concern over Romney, the same as concern over McCain.

The only time it's a "gray" issue is when the birth takes place in another country and whatever that countries laws are.

Twisted is, as I’ve stated before, a drive by poster.
He makes assertions, links to an obscure post or blog and moves on.
He‘s not much on defending his positions.

The evidence continues to come out as to WHY Harris si not natural-born and thus ineligible to be VP or Prez.
The evidence that you have a single constitutional clue continues to be not on this thread.

In other news, I saw UGC just posted another one of their videos. If you could harness the combined brain power of you and both of them as an energy source, you might be able to make some light toast. Though you'd have to fight over which one of you got the slice.