Ken Ham's (AIG) Ark Park Tax Break Rejected

AmazedbyGrace

Elect
Reaction score
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/10/ky-grant-ark-park-tax-incentives/20207341/

"A proposed Noah's ark theme park in Northern Kentucky has been turned down for around $18 million in state tax incentives amid concerns that it will promote religion and violate the separation of church and state.

But the group behind the project -- Answers in Genesis -- says it is considering legal action in federal court.

The state Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet said in a letter Wednesday that the Ark Encounter theme park has changed its position on hiring policies since it originally filed for incentives in 2010 and now intends to discriminate in hiring based on religion."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn't a church. Why does Ken Ham think  tax payers should subsidize a privately run amusement park/museum?

AmazedbyGrace said:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/10/ky-grant-ark-park-tax-incentives/20207341/

"A proposed Noah's ark theme park in Northern Kentucky has been turned down for around $18 million in state tax incentives amid concerns that it will promote religion and violate the separation of church and state.

But the group behind the project -- Answers in Genesis -- says it is considering legal action in federal court.

The state Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet said in a letter Wednesday that the Ark Encounter theme park has changed its position on hiring policies since it originally filed for incentives in 2010 and now intends to discriminate in hiring based on religion."

This isn't a church. Why does Ken Ham think  tax payers should subsidize a privately run amusement park/museum?

As it should have been!

I'm surprised that this organization is not a 501(c)3.

Why would a tax exempt organization need a tax incentive?

AmazedbyGrace said:

I live outside of Lexington. I could make the argument either way.  What I found offensive was a billboard that was put up on New Circle Road by Ark Encounter that states "To our most intolerant liberal friends, you can't sink this ship". How does that help the cause of Christ at all? Calling people names just widens the divide and alienates the very people that they need to convince.