Ken Schaap interview on "The Recovering Fundamentalist"podcast

Latte.Lover

Elect
Reaction score
Wondering how many of you heard the recent two-part Ken Schaap interview on "The Recovering Fundamentalist" podcast? Very interesting to hear about his own personal spiritual journey and what he had to say (both good and bad) about his grandfather and father. You can subscribe to the podcast or listen on the website here: http://recoveringfundamentalist.org/listen/

Part 1 is incredible! 'm actually surprised by what he says.

I just listened to part 1 " nothing should surprise us" when it come to people . Ken is well groomed in his speaking. He was a baby when then came to speak for us here in south Florida. I never cared for his speaking and his presence ...

Hmmm, he pastors about 20 minutes from me.

Part 1 was interesting.

I haven't listened to that one yet...... but I have listened to a large portion of the subsequent follow-up podcast, where they try to defend not taking an aggressive approach to the interview.

Fact is, they still have the same problem that plagues most any former IFBs that want to try and appeal to their former friends and colleagues. It is why they try so hard to sell themselves just like they ALWAYS have......

They're just NOT that different. They're not. They want to recognize the abuses and pretend they've not been a part of problems themselves.

No. They might not have abused the same people to the same degree, but they are still seeking power and influence. Still trying to sway opinion and choices THEIR way. Still trying to lead when they just need to get out of the way and be what they are. Just a fellow believer in Christ like everyone else.

Last edited:
Listening now.......

Yep. they've found a way to pat each other on the back.....

The pride of man just destroys everything. No matter what happened to Ken it was always for the best and always purposeful..... Trying to put "lipstick on a pig"....

I listened to part 1 and part2 this is just my take on what I heard Ken was young and given so much power my question is why? His name? Ken made statements on why his dad fell he had no accountability . Really he had 100 deacons . His assistant pastors. Also the economy changed. Ken said he and his mom had to tell my dad he wasn't preaching again. I don't believe this but there was no financial plans for Cindy if something happened. Cindy has a new book coming out soon. Recovering ask her to come in and speak I would love to here from her. It's sad how 20/20 can open your eyes looking back. Cindy is off of facebook . I was going to message her . I understand why some people left the college and area after being there 40 years.

I listened to part 1 and part2 this is just my take on what I heard Ken was young and given so much power my question is why? His name? Ken made statements on why his dad fell he had no accountability . Really he had 100 deacons . His assistant pastors. Also the economy changed. Ken said he and his mom had to tell my dad he wasn't preaching again. I don't believe this but there was no financial plans for Cindy if something happened. Cindy has a new book coming out soon. Recovering ask her to come in and speak I would love to here from her. It's sad how 20/20 can open your eyes looking back. Cindy is off of facebook . I was going to message her . I understand why some people left the college and area after being there 40 years.

In the podcast Ken is mentioned as being one of the RFB podcast member's friend. I don't remember which one. Friends should rejoice in the Truth and not cover for them.

Most people just will not own their sin. They ultimately form excuses for WHY instead of just saying "My carnal appetite for flesh destroyed me".

There are plenty of reasons to be weak. Plenty of reasons to walk away from the faith at most any moment in this life. WHEN WE DO... it is on US. It is OUR sin. The best thing a person will ever do is own their sin and just leave it at "I'm sorry and God has forgiven me. I hope/pray you can too. I hope/pray this world finds forgiveness in Jesus Christ"..... and leave it at that.

Abandon all the excuses.

Last edited:
I heard a completely different interview than some of you all did. I heard Ken speaking an abundance of grace. I did not hear him try to defend his father or grandfather nor did I hear him try to tear them down.