Ken Schaap & the "Spirit Forward" Conference

WESLEY

Elect
Reaction score
Interesting what Dr. Hyles's response would be.... I think we know

Between the standing ovation, raucous rock star applause, and having the gigantic pictures of those preachers on the wall, if that’s not man worshiping, I don’t know what is. (It’s also a little creepy, IMO). How is that behavior any different than the Catholics with their pope pictures hanging on the wall and their infatuation with seeing just a glimpse of him in person? I see no difference at all…bunch of hypocrites!

Now we wish we hadn't.
I seem to remember that back when Jack S the pedo-felon-former pastor taught a series on finances that it was found that he had copied it from some charismatic pastor. Now it looks like his son is following in that path with the subject matter of his conference.

I think it is also interesting that instead of hosting the meeting where he is located in Ohio or where one of the other speakers happen to pastor (GA or FL), he locates it close to the college where he had been given a position of leadership by his daddy as a kid. Is he trying to start his own "movement" by pulling some of the non-thinking Baptist away from FBCH & HAC? I am sorry that Cedar Lake is being sucked into it. I remember the Sword of the Lord under John R Rice conducting a week of meeting there years ago & Jackie-boy H preaching then.

I live very close to one of the churches where one of the speakers is a pastor. They recently dropped the name Baptist from that small church. Must be another buddy from HAC days of the guy conducting the conference.

Last edited:
Birds of a feather....seems like the Hylesites/Schaapers are all alike!

I seem to remember that back when Jack S the pedo-felon-former pastor taught a series on finances that it was found that he had copied it from some charismatic pastor. Now it looks like his son is following in that path with the subject matter of his conference.

I think it is also interesting that instead of hosting the meeting where he is located in Ohio or where one of the other speakers happen to pastor (GA or FL), he locates it close to the college where he had been given a position of leadership by his daddy as a kid. Is he trying to start his own "movement" by pulling some of the non-thinking Baptist away from FBCH & HAC? I am sorry that Cedar Lake is being sucked into it. I remember the Sword of the Lord under John R Rice conducting a week of meeting there years ago & Jackie-boy H preaching then.

I live very close to one of the churches where one of the speakers is a pastor. They recently dropped the name Baptist from that small church. Must be another buddy from HAC days of the guy conducting the conference.
I figured he had moved back home again to Indiana. A recent FB post of his was very vague on the topic, but one could tell he had strayed from his upbringing and even the evengelical norm on the Holy Spirit.

Interesting what Dr. Hyles's response would be.... I think we know

Ok... when the singing started, I flipped to another part of the video to hear from Jackie Boy... I flipped to Jack asking the audience, "Did you know Jesus was a Puerto Rican? He was and I can prove it to you: the Bible says He comes as a thief in the night..."

EXCUSE ME!? The racial/social stereotyping slur is bad enough, but telling jokes that make light of Jesus like that is totally out of line. One thing I was taught while I was being discipled in the IFB movement was jokes regarding Jesus were not acceptable.

I've remained quiet on the whole Hyles/HAC debacle since I've never been part of that particular church but this little blurb from Hyles has destroyed any respect I may have had for him (I was exposed to some of his teaching in the 80s). This blurb just ties together all of the allegations I've heard of him and his heir, Jack Schaap. If i wasn't before, I am now convinced the Hyles/Schaap dynasty was doomed from day one.

Ok... when the singing started, I flipped to another part of the video to hear from Jackie Boy... I flipped to Jack asking the audience, "Did you know Jesus was a Puerto Rican? He was and I can prove it to you: the Bible says He comes as a thief in the night..."

EXCUSE ME!? The racial/social stereotyping slur is bad enough, but telling jokes that make light of Jesus like that is totally out of line. One thing I was taught while I was being discipled in the IFB movement was jokes regarding Jesus were not acceptable.

I've remained quiet on the whole Hyles/HAC debacle since I've never been part of that particular church but this little blurb from Hyles has destroyed any respect I may have had for him (I was exposed to some of his teaching in the 80s). This blurb just ties together all of the allegations I've heard of him and his heir, Jack Schaap. If i wasn't before, I am now convinced the Hyles/Schaap dynasty was doomed from day one.
Hyles was a bigot and a jackass.

Hyles was a bigot and a jackass.
It is indeed sad. In the mid 80s Jack Hyles was presented to me as a stalwart of the faith. Fortunately, for me, I was being guided by men who, though they were IFB, they were the real deal. I encourage people to look up Chester Keith, a PCC graduate who had a heart for the Lord. He was so patient and gracious toward me as I was starting my own walk... he's in Heaven now but he left an indelible mark on my life with his gentle spirit and love of the Lord.

I listened to the interview with Ken Schaap and was deeply impressed.

Last edited:
It is indeed sad. In the mid 80s Jack Hyles was presented to me as a stalwart of the faith. Fortunately, for me, I was being guided by men who, though they were IFB, they were the real deal. I encourage people to look up Chester Keith, a PCC graduate who had a heart for the Lord. He was so patient and gracious toward me as I was starting my own walk... he's in Heaven now but he left an indelible mark on my life with his gentle spirit and love of the Lord.

I listened to the interview with Ken Schaap and was deeply impressed.
I listened and believed him to be a real, genuine article of faith. Seems that he might be trying to do something his father couldn't or wouldn't do.