Kent Hovind Getting Married!

Ransom said:
You mean Hovind and his ex conspiring to commit tax fraud wasn't your first clue that their Christianity was suspect?

What "tax fraud"?

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
What "tax fraud"?

You do realize Mr.  Dino went to prison, right?

Yes, Dum-Dum.  He went to prison for structuring, not tax fraud.

prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:
Is the blushing bride the Widow Riplinger?

I didn't know that Riplinger was a widow.

That was quick. Didn't his wife divorce him only a few months ago?

Yes; she filed for divorce on Mar 24, 2016.  Marriage was recorded as dissolved on Jun 24, 2016.

Wow! Well I guess true love knows no bounds of time!
The Dude been in prison, man, C'mon.

Get out and find out his wife is outtie?

Shoot.  Gettin back in the saddle can't be quick enough!!!

Reality.

earnestly contend

Not sure by what "...and find out his wife is outtie" is supposed to mean.

They were married for about 40 years, I understand.  He is accused of neglecting his family for the sake of his ministry (if true, he was wrong to do so). He came of prison in Aug 2015. She filed for divorce about seven months later.

If she claims to be a Christian, she did wrong.  Christians are not to divorce from each other or to initiate divorce with unsaved spouses.
The rumor is that his Son Eric and his ex-wife conspired together to keep control of his (obviously profitable) "ministry", when he got out of prison.

It is hard to see Christ in any of this.

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Yes; she filed for divorce on Mar 24, 2016.  Marriage was recorded as dissolved on Jun 24, 2016.

Reality.

earnestly contend

They were married for about 40 years, I understand.  He is accused of neglecting his family for the sake of his ministry (if true, he was wrong to do so). He came of prison in Aug 2015. She filed for divorce about seven months later.

If she claims to be a Christian, she did wrong.  Christians are not to divorce from each other or to initiate divorce with unsaved spouses.
The rumor is that his Son Eric and his ex-wife conspired together to keep control of his (obviously profitable) "ministry", when he got out of prison.

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Reality.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

Eric purchased his dad's ministry/property for pennies on the dollar.  Kent tells the story of finding his pocket knife at "his" home and Eric tells him "That's mine".  How a son can do that, especially a "Christian" is beyond belief.

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Get out and find out his wife is oubae?

Reality.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

I speak with Eric on a regular basis. Where are you getting your first hand information from? Kent or Jo?

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Reality.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

I speak with Eric on a regular basis. Where are you getting your first hand information from? Kent or Jo?
Kent

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Reality.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

Kent

earnestly contend

I am sure he sees it that way.

But nothing could be further from the truth.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
T-Bone said:
Walt said:
Ransom said:

Reality.

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

That rumor is not true.
Says you.

earnestly contend

Kent

earnestly contend

I am sure he sees it that way.

But nothing could be further from the truth.
Again, I say...it is hard to see Christ in any of this.

earnestly contend

prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction.

Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection that it was going.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection that it was going.
Exactly

earnestly contend

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

"His father messed up." - Without a doubt.  That is my opinion.

"Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction." - No, Eric started his own ministry on the coattails of his dad.  His "ministry" (God Quest?) is what purchased his dad's property.

"Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection [sic] that it was going." - I have no idea how you would know the motives of Kent.  But somehow you think it wrong that Kent wanted to run his own ministry?  Odd.

There is no doubt that the Hovind family problems are a direct result of the actions taken by Kent.  However, that in no way excuses the behavior of his family towards him.  IMO

Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

"Eric stepped in and took the ministry a different direction." - No, Eric started his own ministry on the coattails of his dad.  His "ministry" (God Quest?) is what purchased his dad's property.

"Dad got out and wanted total control back, like nothing happened, and didn't care the diection [sic] that it was going." - I have no idea how you would know the motives of Kent.  But somehow you think it wrong that Kent wanted to run his own ministry?  Odd.

There is no doubt that the Hovind family problems are a direct result of the actions taken by Kent.  However, that in no way excuses the behavior of his family towards him.  IMO
That's right.

We all know the same story.

I don't see Eric and his Mom as righteous in this.

I don't see Kent as a wise decision maker. 

The whole thing stinks like Pensacola.

earnestly contend

Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

If Eric started his own ministry and bailed out his fathers fallen, failed ministry which made it his, so to speak) why would they give it back?  Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...

Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

If Eric started his own ministry and bailed out his fathers fallen, failed ministry which made it his, so to speak) why would they give it back?  Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...
If he did this without his Father's permission, it was unethical.

earnestly contend

It's called "hostile takeover".

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

I think the board took it out of Kent's hands and rightly so I might add.

Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Twisted said:
Mathew Ward said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

It is fairly simple.

His father messed up.

earnestly contend

I think the board took it out of Kent's hands and rightly so I might add.
If they did it with out his approval...

earnestly contend

Mathew Ward said:
Odd that you don't want Eric to run his own ministry...

Where did I ever say that?  Go for it, baby.

Now I did imply that his "ministry" was/is involved in theft.

Erick won't even let his dad have his website back.  Wickedness.