Kent Hovind is Free

The Rogue Tomato said:
Kent Hovind is Free

Where can I get my free Kent Hovind?

I suspect this is a scam.  I recall seeing a poster that said "Free Angela Davis", but I never got a free Angela Davi.
The Fro wouldn't fit in the delivery van.

Haklo

IFB X-Files said:
Biblebeliever said:
Kent Hovind is Free

11008444_10153111544253353_4180719731564945253_n.jpg

https://youtu.be/1PT4kwCjK80

Video Description:

Published on Jul 8, 2015
Kent Hovind is finally released from prison!

We're thrilled about this.  Big party at his housed on Saturday.  Wish we could go.

The only problem I see is that he will start preaching a post-trib position.  Still, thrilled he's out.
So sad,  that those who continue  to allow God to  update their beliefs, as they study the Word, are a "problem" to those of you with libraries full of men's "commentaries" on what the Word means.

Haklo

Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:
But not to worry.  Kent led hundreds to Christ while in the slammer. 

So he says, but why should I believe him?

How many have you led with your constant critical comments?

One hundred million billion.

That's what we had on a bus route one Sunday! ;)

IFB X-Files said:
Today.  A huge party at his house in Pensacola today.  All are invited.

You know what would make a great party game? See how many times the police have to come because someone pushed Mr. Dino out of the yard and his ankle bracelet went off.

prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
The only problem I see is that he will start preaching a post-trib position.  Still, thrilled he's out.

So sad,  that those who continue  to allow God to  update their beliefs.......

Haklo

So I take it that you've updated to the position of Post-Tribulationism.

prophet said:
So sad,  that those who continue  to allow God to  update their beliefs, as they study the Word, are a "problem" to those of you with libraries full of men's "commentaries" on what the Word means.

Haklo

"In order to be able to expound the Scriptures, and as an aid to your pulpit studies, you will need to be familiar with the commentators: a glorious army, let me tell you, whose acquaintance will be your delight and profit. Of course, you are not such "wiseacres" as to think or say that you can expound Scripture without assistance from the works of divines and learned men who have laboured before you in the field of exposition. If you are of that opinion, pray REMAIN SO, for you are not worth the trouble of conversion, and like a little coterie who think with you, would resent the attempt as an insult to your infallibility. It seems odd, that certain men who talk so much of what the Holy Spirit reveals to themselves, should think so little of what he has revealed to others"

C H Spurgeon

I'm no preacher but I'll still use my books. But that's just me

Bob H said:
prophet said:

Haklo

"In order to be able to expound the Scriptures, and as an aid to your pulpit studies, you will need to be familiar with the commentators: a glorious army, let me tell you, whose acquaintance will be your delight and profit. Of course, you are not such "wiseacres" as to think or say that you can expound Scripture without assistance from the works of divines and learned men who have laboured before you in the field of exposition. If you are of that opinion, pray REMAIN SO, for you are not worth the trouble of conversion, and like a little coterie who think with you, would resent the attempt as an insult to your infallibility. It seems odd, that certain men who talk so much of what the Holy Spirit reveals to themselves, should think so little of what he has revealed to others"

C H Spurgeon

I'm no preacher but I'll still use my books. But that's just me

Yes we should build on the foundation that was laid by those that went before.

That has been the common belief throughout history.

I love the commentaries as they keep me from crack pot ideas that have no real basis in scripture.

Ransom said:
IFB X-Files said:
But not to worry.  Kent led hundreds to Christ while in the slammer. 

So he says, but why should I believe him?

How many have you led with your constant critical comments?

One hundred million billion.

"One hundred million billion" - the "credits" it took for "Dr" Dino to get his doctorate from the mail-order diploma mill from whence it came.

prophet said:

Haklo

Every sermon you preach is a commentary. Methinks you would want to treat others with the same respect you desire for your own...

bgwilkinson said:
I love the commentaries as they keep me from crack pot ideas that have no real basis in scripture.

Some commentaries are crackpot ideas that have no real basis in scripture.

I have nothing against commentaries, though.  I've learned from them.  My real problem is when people quote commentaries as if they're proof text of their interpretation of a passage. 

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:

Haklo

Every sermon you preach is a commentary. Methinks you would want to treat others with the same respect you desire for your own...
You read into my post, something that wasn't there, par for the fundamentalist course.
I was saying exactly what you are saying, with your answer, that every sermon you hear, and every bit of studying you do, is equal to any other form of commentary.

In other words, Kent Hovind is now a problem, because his eschatology has been reshaped by study of God's Word.

The Word is God, and true, and every man a liar.

If He was teaching heresy,  yes, I see a problem.
If he is teaching one of the several mainstream accepted eschatological viewpoints (purposefully not included in anyone's Baptist Distinctives list),  no problem.

You see?

I feel that your knee-jerk defensive posturing was telling....

Haklo

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
I feel that your knee-jerk defensive posturing was telling....

Telling of what?
Honestly, it hurts me too much to be at odds with you, my friend.

May God guide you.

Haklo

prophet said:
Kent Hovind is now a problem, because his eschatology has been reshaped by study of God's Word.

Sadly, Mr. Hovind was influenced in his eschatology by Steven "Tazer" Anderson.  Those of us who know Steven, know he couldn't "rightly divide" the Sunday comics.

IFB X-Files said:
prophet said:
Kent Hovind is now a problem, because his eschatology has been reshaped by study of God's Word.

Sadly, Mr. Hovind was influenced in his eschatology by Steven "Tazer" Anderson.  Those of us who know Steven, know he couldn't "rightly divide" the Sunday comics.

Great last sentence.  LOL

I can't imagine anyone watching Spamderson for anything other than the carnival show.