KJVO indicators

Citadel of Truth

Elect
Reaction score
What are some words or phrases that would indicate that you are dealing with a dyed-in-the-wool KJVO?

I've heard the term "double inspiration" being thrown around but never talked to a KJVO that admitted that he/she believed in it.

I've heard the phrase "the Word of God for English-speaking people" used a lot to defend the KJV. Is that a tenet of KJVOism? 

They refer to versions other than the KJV as Perversions.

textus corruptus
refer to Westcott/Hort as deceivers
Refer to KJV as textus receptus
Goes by the last name of Avery ;)

A very extreme tenet of KJVOism that I've heard on more than one occasion is the belief that a person must be saved by hearing scripture out of a KJV Bible. So, the term or phrase "corruptible seed" is given to any non-KJ version. That's a sure sign, I'd say.

textus corruptus - all the editions from the Westcott-Hort recension

refer to Westcott/Hort as deceivers - more like tricksters, with the bait-and-switch of the revision

Refer to KJV as textus receptus - ? 

"purified seven times"
"Akexandrian cult"

And I know several who believe in double inspiration.

Steven Avery said:
Refer to KJV as textus receptus - ?

Yep. Not from you. But I have heard some staunch KJVOs call the KJV the received text. They like to illegitametly transfer the title to the KJV.

Citadel of Truth said:
A very extreme tenet of KJVOism that I've heard on more than one occasion is the belief that a person must be saved by hearing scripture out of a KJV Bible. So, the term or phrase "corruptible seed" is given to any non-KJ version. That's a sure sign, I'd say.
Yes. My unsaved father in law had KJVO evangelists set him back on this one.

Citadel of Truth said:
Yep.

That's what Bro. Hyles wrote in his book.

Another one: "corrects the Greek"

rsc2a said:
Another one: "corrects the Greek"

Good one... a bit modified/moderate view that still demonstrates KJVOism
"No one should go to the Greek or Hebrew."