Kohl's to be the next one Boycotted.

I have no problem with boycotting Kohls....especially in light of the fact that we don't shop there. I haven't shopped there in 30 plus years.

Nice thing about living in a podunk outpost like the L-C Valley is we don't have any of these major retailers around. They keep saying they're coming but if they do arrive, they don't stay in business for long.

'Sides, all one has to do is refuse to buy that crap. The chain won't carry what it can't sell.

Last edited:
Now if someone can come up with a reason to boycott Dollar Tree, I can keep my wife from being on a 1st name basis with the employees of the half dozen nearest locations.

Now if someone can come up with a reason to boycott Dollar Tree, I can keep my wife from being on a 1st name basis with the employees of the half dozen nearest locations.
Shopping at Dollar Tree directly supports China's economy. 🇨🇳

Shopping at Dollar Tree directly supports China's economy. 🇨🇳
All 3 of the dollar stores (Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Family Dollar) are reported to under pay their workers, treat them poorly and working at these stores can be some of the most dangerous jobs in the us. Armed robbery is very high in many or there locations and they often have only one or two employees on site and any given time.

All 3 of the dollar stores (Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Family Dollar) are reported to under pay their workers, treat them poorly and working at these stores can be some of the most dangerous jobs in the us. Armed robbery is very high in many or there locations and they often have only one or two employees on site and any given time.

Yeah... robbing the Dollar General... there's money bags for ya...

I was in south-central LA once and I noticed the "99 Cent Only" store had a LAYAWAY counter. (They sold boom boxes too) but I mean come on... aren't there more lucrative places to rob? I guess those places invest in security too.

Yeah... robbing the Dollar General... there's money bags for ya...
People rob convenience stores. Perhaps it's not the value of the goods on the shelves that's desirable to thieves. Sell one $300 boom box or 300 items worth $1 each, and you've still got the same cash in the till.

that is definitely bad... and worth avoiding a store over...... .. but more important to me when it comes to deciding who to boycott or avoid is the manufacturer and brand names of the products involved..... for instance - what company made those t-shirts and baby clothes?..... and is there a christian business we can support instead while avoiding that one?... .... ....

a few years ago we switched to buying foods from goya whenever possible... and we still do that today... but i have no idea where the vendor who brings it to us gets it... . .. i haven;t bought anything from nike in years but i still go to stores who sell nike shoes and clothing because there is no alternative on an island with a limited number of stores and vendors ............ target only recently came to hawaii in the last few years.. .. even walmart is relatively new here..... and we don;t have a kohls here anywhere as far as i know..... the first chick-fila just opened at one of the shopping malls here, and it got labelled woke before i even got a chance to go there......

i;m still waiting for an in-n-out burger place to come here...... hopefuly they won;t go woke before it happens.... :sneaky:

that is definitely bad... and worth avoiding a store over...... .. but more important to me when it comes to deciding who to boycott or avoid is the manufacturer and brand names of the products involved..... for instance - what company made those t-shirts and baby clothes?..... and is there a christian business we can support instead while avoiding that one?... .... ....

a few years ago we switched to buying foods from goya whenever possible... and we still do that today... but i have no idea where the vendor who brings it to us gets it... . .. i haven;t bought anything from nike in years but i still go to stores who sell nike shoes and clothing because there is no alternative on an island with a limited number of stores and vendors ............ target only recently came to hawaii in the last few years.. .. even walmart is relatively new here..... and we don;t have a kohls here anywhere as far as i know..... the first chick-fila just opened at one of the shopping malls here, and it got labelled woke before i even got a chance to go there......

i;m still waiting for an in-n-out burger place to come here...... hopefuly they won;t go woke before it happens.... :sneaky:
Good point. However, it is the retailer who decides they wish to "Virtue Signal" and pursue a particular agenda as Target has. They have pretty much thrown it in our face to the point were we cannot ignore it. This is why I will boycott Target.

I'll have to take a close look at Kohls. Selling "Pride" stuff is one thing, pushing it in our face is another.

Target is part of the Dayton-Hudson Corporation who also owns Mervyns and Marshall Fields and both of which are not in Texas. If I lived out in California, I would boycott Mervyns as well.

As far as brands like Nike or Bud Light (Anheuser Busch) are concerned, I will not boycott a store for carrying these items. I just will not buy them and they get to deal with returning unsold stock back to their suppliers. Eventually, the markets will get the message and will adjust accordingly.

I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart but they are definitely the "Lesser of Two Evils" between them and Target right now. I'd say that the market is ripe for a retailer to emerge that respects moral decency and family values.

I'm not so sure about Chik-fila. They have always been the voice of conservative family values so I really need to take a close look at what ever it was that has everyone stirred up right now. I don't just jump on a "Boycott Bandwagon" without first checking the facts.

I used to love Ben &Jerry's ice cream until they started get all woke and supporting cop killers. That was at least 30 years ago.

I was gonna say. When were Ben & Jerry's not cloyingly progressive?
Their leftist leaning was always apparent; I tolerated it till they made themselves advocates for a cop killer.

Yep! They're constantly being robbed here. And the employees are as miserable as I don't know what! Most of the time you cannot get an employee to help you, and many times the cashiers are talking on their cellphones while checking you out if you don't use self-checkout! They're rude, and I seldom shop in them. I did this past week only because they had something that my wife wanted for waiting in the hospital for me to get through my 2 CT scans on my heart. I was supposed to have an angiogram this morning, but, the doctor decided to wait on the "invasive" procedures! :)Thank God for that!

Good point. However, it is the retailer who decides they wish to "Virtue Signal" and pursue a particular agenda as Target has. They have pretty much thrown it in our face to the point were we cannot ignore it. This is why I will boycott Target.

I'll have to take a close look at Kohls. Selling "Pride" stuff is one thing, pushing it in our face is another.

Target is part of the Dayton-Hudson Corporation who also owns Mervyns and Marshall Fields and both of which are not in Texas. If I lived out in California, I would boycott Mervyns as well.

As far as brands like Nike or Bud Light (Anheuser Busch) are concerned, I will not boycott a store for carrying these items. I just will not buy them and they get to deal with returning unsold stock back to their suppliers. Eventually, the markets will get the message and will adjust accordingly.

I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart but they are definitely the "Lesser of Two Evils" between them and Target right now. I'd say that the market is ripe for a retailer to emerge that respects moral decency and family values.

I'm not so sure about Chik-fila. They have always been the voice of conservative family values so I really need to take a close look at what ever it was that has everyone stirred up right now. I don't just jump on a "Boycott Bandwagon" without first checking the facts.
FYI Mervyns stores went bankrupt in 2008 if I recall and Kohls bought some of their locations to convert to Kohls stores. If I remember right it was like 200. I don’t believe any mervyns stores exist today.

Dozens of retail store brands went out of business during the great financial crisis of 2008 - 2010.