Let us Prey

Tell me again, why is the Church in the USA so anemic?
I've said this before and will say it again. We traveled through 20+ states, attending services of churches for 2 years. We avoided the extreme ones. We found only 5 churches that actually explained the passage they read at the beginning of the sermon. All others were just using a verse to jump off and then rambling.

Many pulpits are biblically illiterate (and lazy).

I hesitate to type this, but Sarah Smith reached out to me when I posted something on a forum anonymously.

I don't hesitate to type this - I sent her a link to the "polished shaft". I know where she was when she saw it for the first time. She had to lower the volume on her phone because of the content.

Blame her. Blame me. Blame the women who have been called "whores" publicly and privately. Never blame the pastors who kept quiet and didn't report it to the proper authorities. Never blame the predator - only the victim! That's how the abuse continues.

Over 40 years ago, my youth pastor in an IFB church victimized young girls. Most of them did not have a father figure in their home. That's how I became best friends with one of the girls in my youth group. She walked up to me when we were both teens and said, "Bro. M is touching me." I was stunned. I had no idea what to do. I didn't know who to tell. My parents did not attend church, and there was enough dysfunction going on (not sexual) in my own home. Sadly, I sat on it.

Last year, I learned of another girl that the same youth pastor took across the freaking border! He got a hotel room for both of them. He's dead now. We're not. I learned that his "adopted" daughter committed suicide over 30 years ago.

This is serious stuff. The only reason I knew about HAC was because my youth pastor (same guy) attended "pastor's school" in Indiana when I was a teenager. Coincidence?

Bro. M, the youth pastor, touted HAC over Tennessee Temple. He said one time, "They have fewer divorces at HAC." I said, "How long have they been in existence?" The answer was about 2 years. I said something like - maybe you should wait a few years before making that claim.

I'm not saying they are all bad. I am saying beware! If you know of something - tell it!