Let's Keep Our Sunday Evening Worship

I spent my free Sunday evenings getting to know my neighbors since that was the only time we all could see each other.

I watched families pack themselves into their minivans scrambling to get to Sunday night choir practice and youth chapel.

Sunday evenings work very well to build relationships with those who need redemption.

It is high-time for our churches to recognize that the number of their services and programs stifle outreach.

FSSL said:
It is high-time for our churches to recognize that the number of their services and programs stifle outreach.

The first century church met daily and they still turned the world upside down (Acts 17:6). I don't think the average Sunday morning church-goer spends Sunday evening evangelizing. 

Citadel of Truth said:
FSSL said:

The first century church met daily and they still turned the world upside down (Acts 17:6). I don't think the average Sunday morning church-goer spends Sunday evening evangelizing.

I don't think he was exclusively talking about Sunday evenings. I agree that the vast majority of churches have so much going on.... which includes Sunday evening events..... that they are ignoring outreach.

Especially...... if there is some type of "Christian School" involved.

Hooray for tradition!!!!  Groan.

I too remember Sunday night services as a kid.  We were often one of the last families to leave as dad would discuss politics or theology with another in the church while we six boys would be waiting in the car with mom as she would be more than ready to go home and get her sons ready for Christian school the next day....and occasionally back to church for "church visitation" on Monday nights, prayer meetings on Wednesdays and again with six boys, after-school sports events.