Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Shane Claiborne's letter to Jerry Jr.

DaDoVGEUMAANDg6.jpg

Response:

DaDojNsUwAA2j64.jpg

Source

Glad Falwell has enough sense to stay away from this guy.

Leftists love no-platforming people with whose opinion they disagree. But when the shoe's on the other foot, the Red Letter Snowflakes get all butthurt.

I understand some LU students, parents and alumni are asking Smellin to lead them on a flotilla to Venezuela or Cuba.

Tarheel Baptist said:
I understand some LU students, parents and alumni are asking Smellin to lead them on a flotilla to Venezuela or Cuba.

Hey, remember you are speaking with a former FBC Bus Captain here. ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

"former" - quitter.

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

"former" - quitter.

"quit"? Not sure what that means. I opened up the dictionary and I see it had been cut out. :D

Smellin Coffee said:
Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

"former" - quitter.

"quit"? Not sure what that means. I opened up the dictionary and I see it had been cut out. :D
What's the definition of that word?

Lesson learned from the responses on this thread.

Jesus: ?I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me."

Evangelical response as demonstrated in this thread: "Forget you, Jesus. It is more important to divide your children based on our American politics and arrest brethren with threat of fine and/or imprisonment than it is to find common ground and unite in God through prayer."

So yeah, anybody really wondering why I am devolving from American Evangelicalism? Thread responses exemplify on a small scale how it has become the antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

Smellin Coffee said:

Jesus: ?I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me."

Evangelical response as demonstrated in this thread: "Forget you, Jesus. It is more important to divide your children based on our American politics and arrest brethren with threat of fine and/or imprisonment than it is to find common ground and unite in God through prayer."

So yeah, anybody really wondering why I am devolving from American Evangelicalism? Thread responses exemplify on a small scale how it has become the antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

Lesson learned from Smellin':

If the Pope wants to come on the HAC campus and pray with the staff and hold meetings with the students, and HAC refuses, then HAC has become the antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

Smellin Coffee said:
So yeah, anybody really wondering why I am devolving from American Evangelicalism?

No, I always found 1 John 2:19 pretty straightforward to understand.

The Red Letter Marcionites were never "of us." They were always Scripture-denying heretics fashioning a sub-biblical sub-canon to confirm their own rebellion and unbelief.

I don't get this. is this title of this thread a clickbait because I don't see any threatening from Liberty U but from Liberty's police department. I'm sure this guy had some history of causing disruption?

Smellin Coffee said:

DaDoVGEUMAANDg6.jpg

Response:

DaDojNsUwAA2j64.jpg

Source

Seems you have learned well from the liberal media...Your title of this thread has nothing to do with the reality of what you shared.  There is nothing in you post that even indicates that Liberty U threatens imprisionment/ fine  for praying on campus.  You have a future in yellow journalism.  Liberty has a right to keep people off its campus that it does not want on it!

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
So yeah, anybody really wondering why I am devolving from American Evangelicalism?

The Red Letter Marcionites were never "of us." They were always Scripture-denying heretics fashioning a sub-biblical sub-canon to confirm their own rebellion and unbelief.

That is exactly where Smellin has landed as he devolved from orthodoxy.
And that is extremely sad. To say the least.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

LOL!

Marcionites theology was Pauline-induced. Even a simple Wikipedia search (for what its worth) clearly identifies that ideal:

Marcionism, similar to Gnosticism, depicted the God of the Old Testament as a tyrant or demiurge (see also God as the Devil). Marcion was labeled a gnostic by Philip Schaff,[4] while other scholars[who?] have rejected that categorization. Marcion's canon consisted of eleven books: a gospel consisting of ten sections drawn from the Gospel of Luke; and ten Pauline epistles.

Marcion's canon rejected the entire Old Testament, along with all other epistles and gospels of the 27 book New Testament canon because they transmitted "Jewish" ideas.[5] Paul's epistles enjoy a prominent position in the Marcionite canon, since Paul is credited with correctly transmitting the gracious universality of Jesus' message in opposition to the harsh dictates of the "just god".

Source

The Marcionites the opposite of "red letter" ideals. But then again, I have no doubt you already know, just trying to throw "Heretic!" out at anyone who decides the teachings of Jesus usurp the teachings of Paul. They were dispensationalists who adhered Paul over Jesus, ya know, kinda like Evangelicalism. (Perhaps the Polemics Report is Gospel to you.)

Oh, and I John 2? Keep reading:

I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

You along with those in Evangelicalism are the ones who elevate the teachings of Paul with and/or above the teachings of Jesus, hence, denying the supreme authority of Jesus and his earthly teachings.  So keep flinging the dog turds. It is nothing more than rhetoric on your part.

In the end, call me a heretic. I don't care. If leaving a false religion with a false god makes me so, I will gladly wear the label.

T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:

DaDoVGEUMAANDg6.jpg

Response:

DaDojNsUwAA2j64.jpg

Source

Seems you have learned well from the liberal media...Your title of this thread has nothing to do with the reality of what you shared.  There is nothing in you post that even indicates that Liberty U threatens imprisionment/ fine  for praying on campus.  You have a future in yellow journalism.  Liberty has a right to keep people off its campus that it does not want on it!

(Pssst... in case you didn't know, the title was click bait. There are a limited number of letters allowed. ;) )

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Lesson learned from Smellin':

If the Pope wants to come on the HAC campus and pray with the staff and hold meetings with the students, and HAC refuses, then HAC has become the antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

HAC is the antithesis of Jesus regardless of their relationship with the Pope. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
Marcionites theology was Pauline-induced.

Well, thank you ever so much for libsplaining to me what I already knew.

I actually stated what I meant by Marcionism. Learn to read.

You along with those in Evangelicalism are the ones who elevate the teachings of Paul with and/or above the teachings of Jesus, hence, denying the supreme authority of Jesus and his earthly teachings

As do the red-letter apostates, by minimizing the rest of the Scriptures, which Jesus himself inspired.

Smellin Coffee said:
Bullcrap.  If Shane is forbidden to be on the campus grounds, and all he wanted to do was "find common ground and unite in God through prayer",  he could invite them off campus for that reason.

I am not a fan of Falwell Jr.  I can't stand the creepy fundagelical commitment to Trump........but Shane is the one bringing politics into this.  LU is correct in denying him and his "flock" access to the campus.