life flight medical response aircraft apparently crashed at sea...

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
thursday night around 9;30 pm a medical response flight went off radar and crash into the channel
between maui and the big island... the coast guard has ben flying search patterns ever since then
and found only oil and small debris so far... ... the ems community is fairly small in this state and
we know all 3 of the people that were on that flight...... ..still waiting for any word on them.....

... this is the 3rd time in recent years.... or at least in the time i can remember .. that a medical

response flight has crashed.... and we were close to all of them and have been praying that
they survived the crash and can be rescued... but as more time elapses the chance of that
does not look good....

today a piper aircraft belonging to the civl air patrol - marked as P32R on flight radar..
is flying a search pattern over the channel... and several coast guard surface vessels

are also there....

(edit... i changed out the link to flightradar as the search duty is being done by cap5147)

Last edited:
thursday night around 9;30 pm a medical response flight went off radar and crash into the channel
between maui and the big island... the coast guard has ben flying search patterns ever since then
and found only oil and small debris so far... ... the ems community is fairly small in this state and
we know all 3 of the people that were on that flight...... ..still waiting for any word on them.....

... this is the 3rd time in recent years.... or at least in the time i can remember .. that a medical

response flight has crashed.... and we were close to all of them and have been praying that
they survived the crash and can be rescued... but as more time elapses the chance of that
does not look good....

today a piper aircraft belonging to the civl air patrol - marked as P32R on flight radar..
is flying a search pattern over the channel... and several coast guard surface vessels

are also there....

(edit... i changed out the link to flightradar as the search duty is being done by cap5147)

Praying for everyone involved!

thank you to all who have been praying for this life flight crew...... there have been no updates other than to say 2 days ago they stopped the search efforts... ...a major storm yesterday would have made searching impossible anyway in a channel that is treacherous in the best of weather....... ....the water in that channel is also over a mile deep with a vicious current that sweeps the bottom of it.... so even if they could find wreckage with a surface operated probe there is very little chance they could recover anything or any remains from it........

they are also not releasing names as of yet.... and have asked those of us who know not to say anything and to respect the privacy of the families.... and the life flight company has also ceased all future flights and missions until further notice.... very different from how things like this were handled in the past.. but that seems to be how everything is handled these days...

if anything else comes up i;ll post it here.... thanks again..... and here is a link to the latest news story on it......