Lists

brainisengaged

Elect
Reaction score
Do you live by lists?
I know I make lists...things to do, things to remember, etc. Lists help me to be organized.

If someone makes a list of what your priorities should be as a Christian, such as:
1) Christ
2) Family
3) Church
4) Unbelievers
5) Work

Well, how do you follow a life list like this?
Is it just me? I find lists very helpful when I am going to the grocery store. I realize that there is a plan (I want to make tacos tonight...if I buy the correct ingredients, I can make the tacos. Therefore the list engenders success) behind a list and a list can engender success. Not sure how to apply it to life, exactly. Or am I just extra tired today and things that normally would not cause me to over / under think are doing just that?

brainisengaged said:
Do you live by lists?
I know I make lists...things to do, things to remember, etc. Lists help me to be organized.

If someone makes a list of what your priorities should be as a Christian, such as:
1) Christ
2) Family
3) Church
4) Unbelievers
5) Work

Is it just me? I find lists very helpful when I am going to the grocery store. I realize that there is a plan (I want to make tacos tonight...if I buy the correct ingredients, I can make the tacos. Therefore the list engenders success) behind a list and a list can engender success. Not sure how to apply it to life, exactly. Or am I just extra tired today and things that normally would not cause me to over / under think are doing just that?

At the end of the day did I take care of those things on the list?

Did I read, pray and meditate on the Word? How was the amount and quality of that time?

What type of time and activities have I given my spouse and my children?

Is there anything that I could have done for my church today? Is there anything I did for my church today?

Did I hand out any tracts, pray for people, share the gospel in person or online?

Did I go to work and put forth as to the Lord?

Just some ways you could look to evaluate your list and how you accomplish it.

My lists are primarily mental because it allows me flexibility as needed. I LOVE lists and love to follow the game plan step by step but life is full of interruptions. Making mental lists helps me deviate when necessary.

Concerning the priorities you listed, I don't see them as priorities with a particular order but rather  circles of life which need my attention at times. Work for me is an extension of my family because without work, I would not be able to provide. Unbelievers are a part of work. Christ is in all the areas so rather than listing everything, I look at them as intertwined, like a plate of spaghetti. :)

Grocery store, I have a list of "must haves" but then get sale/coupon items to maximize savings. Sometimes I will come home with 12 boxes of cereal due to sales/coupons and not buy any more for a couple weeks.

Anyway, there is no particular way that is right or wrong. :)

brainisengaged said:
Do you live by lists?

1) Christ
2) Family
3) Church
4) Unbelievers
5) Work

I think 5 would have been better worded Career.  Work is a Holy thing.  It is a Godly thing.