Logos questions

BandGuy

Elect
Reaction score
If anyone has Logos, can you answer a question for me:
1.  Is the format a lot like Dropbox (Online cloud service and the option of an offline file folder which are both synced), or is it more like Olive Tree which has just an offline reader?

When installing, you need to be online.
This downloads all of your resources to your computer.
You can use it in offline mode.

MAKE SURE... you do not use a mifi card and that you have free internet to download. I got nailed with a $900 phone bill when I got a new computer. :D

The Logos app (phone, ipad...) requires wifi connectivity... yet you can choose and download whatever resources you like to use offline.

FSSL said:

MAKE SURE... you do not use a mifi card and that you have free internet to download. I got nailed with a $900 phone bill when I got a new computer. :D

So, does that mean it is formatted much like Dropbox, with the option of online and offline use?  What is a "mifi card"? 

BandGuy said:
FSSL said:

So, does that mean it is formatted much like Dropbox, with the option of online and offline use?  What is a "mifi card"?

I guess you could say it is like Dropbox. ALL of your books are in the cloud. They download to your computer and sync.

MIFI card is a wireless card purchased through someone like Verizon. I travel, so I rely heavily on it. It used up all of my 50mb data bandwidth and I had to pay a ton more that month :D

If you are thinking all files are also on Logos server you are correct.
You can have Logos installed on more than one computer.
When I open Logos I sign in with my log-in and password.
What ever I was doing the last time I logged in from any of my computers, desktop, notebook, iPad, etc, opens up.
All of my computers stay synchronized to the Logos server.
So I can seamlessly work on something between computers.
One caviot, when you logon to Logos often it will want to download a gig or more of updates and new stuff.

Okay.  I know I am really dense, but just to be sure I understand, does this mean I can access my content online and offline?  Thanks.

Yes, as the others said, both. You can work on anything offline, but it will only stay on that particular computer until it syncs. When it does, all of your computers will sync with it. In other words, exactly like dropbox.

...you need to know, though, that logos is takes a good size computer to run without glitching. It hogs processing power and memory. It won't work well on an older laptop. It also takes quite a while to format itself if you only turn it on periodically since they are constantly updating it. I just put it up and leave it up on my desktop and my laptop.

Tom Brennan said:
Yes, as the others said, both. You can work on anything offline, but it will only stay on that particular computer until it syncs. When it does, all of your computers will sync with it. In other words, exactly like dropbox.

...you need to know, though, that logos is takes a good size computer to run without glitching. It hogs processing power and memory. It won't work well on an older laptop. It also takes quite a while to format itself if you only turn it on periodically since they are constantly updating it. I just put it up and leave it up on my desktop and my laptop.

Just got a new laptop in January, so I'm hoping it will work ok.  Probably be a few months before I try it out.

Tom is right.

When you install logos, it downloads all of your library. THEN it indexes all of your books. However, when you do a search of your library after the indexing... it is super fast!