Lottery tickets or Lotto, do you buy them?

W

Winston

Do you?

If so, or not, is there any morality attached to your decision?

No, I don't. I consider them a voluntary tax on the mathematically challenged, and that I win a dollar (or whatever) every time I don't buy one. But thoughts of morality don't enter into that decision, only calculation of probabilities.

I don't buy them.  Lottery systems are nothing more than the state preying on weakminded people who usually are the least able to afford to waste disposable income.

If you buy them, you only need to buy one at any given time.  If God wants you to win at that particular time, all it takes is one.

ivannette said:
ALAYMAN said:
I don't buy them.  Lottery systems are nothing more than the state preying on weakminded people who usually are the least able to afford to waste disposable income.
be very careful how you speak about my mother

No disrespect intended towards yo mama, or any other wonderful mamas.

[quote author=ivannette]
liar
[/quote]

Having a bad day?

[quote author=ivannette]]not at all
it is your brand of christianity that makes us all look bad in the eyes of the lost
[/quote]

lol, your hypocritical judgmentalism is duly noted.

I'm done with the troll who calls themselves ivanette, but for any onlookers who are fooled by the deceptive tactics of the state, which promotes lotteries as if they are a good thing for the Republic, here's some objective facts to educate one's self about how the lottery preys on the weak and poor(and I could have cited tons more)...

FACTS ABOUT STATE OPERATED LOTTERIES
LOTTERIES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE POOR
Lotteries

@ ivannette - ALAYMAN never even mentioned your mother. YOU made that connection (appropriately or inapproriately).

As for the trolling accusation: I'm thinking you are your own accuser on that, too. Your future posting behavior will demonstrate the fact, either way.

ivannette said:
i love my mother dearly
he made fun of her in this conversation
i defended her
simple

Your respect for your mother is honorable.  I didn't mean to disrespect her by saying that the state preys on the weak, but that is a statement of fact about a generalized condition of those involved with this vice.  It very well may be that your mother is not weakminded, nor wasteful in her spending.  If that is the case, good, but by participating in this legalized victimization, she is helping state continue to abuse a very significant portion of its subjects.

ivannette said:
i love my mother dearly
i defended her
simple

yes, you are simple.  Mothers make mistakes.  In her case, she gave her mistake a name...ivanette.

ivannette said:
and what about the yo mama
you disrespected my mother on purpose

Just some helpful advice here, but you need to get thicker skin.  I didn't mean anything by that other than "your momma" (a possessive indicator of something related to your mother's beliefs), not "yo mama so fat".  Capiche?

ivannette said:
i love my mother dearly
i defended her
simple

Actually, ALAYMAN posted
ALAYMAN said:
to which you replied
ivannette said:
be very careful how you speak about my mother
Therefore, YOU (appropriately or inappropriately, as we do not know your mother) are the one who made that connection. ALAYMAN made a general statement. You applied it. The thread spun from there.

ivannette said:
ivannette said:
and what about the yo mama
you disrespected my mother on purpose
and then you separated her from everyone else by saying
and all the other wonderful mothers

LOL, seriously, no offense, but at this point, I truly *HOPE* that you *ARE* a troll, because this thread is just getting weirder as it goes.  The statement you are referencing was a diplomatic effort on my part to respect your love for your mother.  I was simply saying I don't mean any disrespect to mothers who foolishly waste their money on the lottery, yours, or any other.

I have been tempted but no I have never purchased a lotto ticket....

Funny watching two thin skinners go at it . LOL

No, I never have bought a lottery ticket and never intend to do so. 

Alayman, you are showing gentlemanly manners and restraint on this thread.  Good for you.  Feeling okay?  ;D

ALAYMAN said:

Just like tithing prays on weak minded people that are least able to afford it....

I'd rather buy a lottery ticket any day than to tithe and expect God to open the "winds of Heaven" and pour me out a bless so HUGE that I can't stand it.

Now don't bash me.... I do believe in giving. I'm just making a point. It's ironic how those who still believe the tithe is for those in Christ are so adamantly against the lottery. I mean those that "tithe" are looking for a "windfall" that never comes.

I do play the lottery at times but I gave up tithing a long time ago.