Love Ya, JD!

Met Daly in person once when we lived in Augusta. He came into the restaurant my wife and I were in...He was loud, rowdy, and very disrespectful towards the customers, owners, and waitstaff. I wasn't impressed with him at all. He was standing next to me and asked after he had lambasted a bartender, "Can you believe this SOB? He can't even pour a decent beer!" The smoke coming from his mouth wasn't endearing at all...neither were the foul words. He didn't stay long...thank God for that!

Met Daly in person once when we lived in Augusta. He came into the restaurant my wife and I were in...He was loud, rowdy, and very disrespectful towards the customers, owners, and waitstaff. I wasn't impressed with him at all. He was standing next to me and asked after he had lambasted a bartender, "Can you believe this SOB? He can't even pour a decent beer!" The smoke coming from his mouth wasn't endearing at all...neither were the foul words. He didn't stay long...thank God for that!
His mother allowed him to begin drinking at the age of 8. There but for the grace of God go I.

I’ve always liked the underdog Bengals. Being a lifelong Bucs fan (I never switched allegiances to the Panthers), I can identify with the Bengals.
The Bucs, phwew, they really could give the Bengals a run-for-the-money on worst NFL franchise with the most loyal fans.

The Bucs, phwew, they really could give the Bengals a run-for-the-money on worst NFL franchise with the most loyal fans.
Believe it or not, the Bengals have a better franchise winning percentage than the Bucs, despite the Bucs having two Super Bowl wins and the Bengals none. I’ve stuck with the Bucs my entire life, even during the creamsicle years. Until the Panthers and Jaguars came along in my high school years (I think), geographically the Bucs or Falcons were the closest teams, and since we had vacations and family in Florida, I sided with the Bucs—good or bad (way more bad). Of course, I ended up in Florida as an adult, so it all worked out! Go Bucs!

Believe it or not, the Bengals have a better franchise winning percentage than the Bucs, despite the Bucs having two Super Bowl wins and the Bengals none. I’ve stuck with the Bucs my entire life, even during the creamsicle years. Until the Panthers and Jaguars came along in my high school years (I think), geographically the Bucs or Falcons were the closest teams, and since we had vacations and family in Florida, I sided with the Bucs—good or bad (way more bad). Of course, I ended up in Florida as an adult, so it all worked out! Go Bucs!

That’s it, go ahead and rub it in😡

To make matters worse, Ohio has two of the seven NFL franchises that are still without a Super Bowl win, and one of the other seven had their beginning in Ohio (where I grew up), the Portsmouth Spartans, became the cellar dwelling Detroit Lions. 😬

That’s it, go ahead and rub it in😡

To make matters worse, Ohio has two of the seven NFL franchises that are still without a Super Bowl win, and one of the other seven had their beginning in Ohio (where I grew up), the Portsmouth Spartans, became the cellar dwelling Detroit Lions. 😬
Interesting. I had no idea about the Lions originating in Portsmouth.

Interesting. I had no idea about the Lions originating in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth was a bustling Rivertown in the early 20th century thriving on the steel industry. Just like much of Northeast Ohio in the rust belt, we suffered after the 60s when the steel industry tanked. The recent opioid crisis gutted our Appalachian region.