Making a search feature based on author's thread

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
How difficult would it be to make it possible to do a search for threads created by a specific member?

admin said:
Go to their profile and you will see that option under their avatar.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that option is for searching people's individual posts.  I am asking if it would be possible to go to their user profile and search for threads they've created.  Do you see the difference?

admin said:
I thought there was a thread link there as well. I will look in the AM when I get back to my computer.

Thank you kindly, sir.

admin said:
Isn't there a link to view Topics? That is the same as Threads

Not really sure about where this feature is located, so I'll dig around and try to find it, though if I understand how it might function I'd guess that it wouldn't achieve the same purpose of being able to look back to a thread that you know somebody created long ago but can't find with a topical search.

Okay, found the "topical" search under the Advanced Search feature, under the option  "Search in topic subjects only", but really couldn't see how it would function in the same useful manner.

Any further consideration being given to this webbie?  Would it be too much work, or a bad idea?

admin said:
There is an upgrade for the forum. I will see if that is part of it. I always hate making upgrades cause something is bound to break.

Thank you.