making islam appear innocent

MrsRow

Elect
Reaction score
this is what our young people are seeing and being taught.
that islam and muslim are the true practically innocent victims and white America are the true terrorists.

I saw this on my Facebook timeline and i want to say something factual and intelligent , but i need some
intelligent facts.  can you guy help me here?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=427180640761529

MrsRow said:
this is what our young people are seeing and being taught.
that islam and muslim are the true practically innocent victims and white America are the true terrorists.

I saw this on my Facebook timeline and i want to say something factual and intelligent , but i need some
intelligent facts.  can you guy help me here?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=427180640761529

This is the kind of video that they show our college students in multicultural classes, while they make the Bible forbidden. The "cool" looking dude who slides in the classroom with a speech to make is a moron. The teacher needs to teach instead of giving the classroom over to Captain Caveman.

Innocent is not a word that comes to mind when considering Islam.  A review of the recent beheading events might be in order.

I am in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY defending these Islamic terrorists but to link all Muslim activity to violence is similar to linking all Crusade killings to Christianity. Just because something is done in the name of a particular religion does not mean that everyone claiming that religion is an extremist.

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/25/351277631/prominent-muslim-sheikh-issues-fatwa-against-isis-violence

Christians complain about people linking them to Phelps' brand of Christianity yet broadbrush Muslims in the very same light.

Maybe the teaching of Islam as a religion of peace is their way of promoting a peaceful faith. (That doesn't mean the method is successful, though...)

aleshanee said:

someone should make another video starting where that one leaves off..... and ask that intelligent young middle easterner when his country plans to stop inviting us back and starts learning to live peaceably among themselves.......or finding a way to solve their problems without our help....... .. it was their own fault we ended up over there....... our biggest mistake was offering to help.......

And Obama gets blamed for trying to clean up Bush's decisions.

And this leads to the following question: If Saddam Hussein was still in power, would ISIS exist?

Hussein was definitely a tyrant and needed to be stopped. I am not blaming Bush for this at all. But any choice, right or wrong, can bring about both positive and negative consequences. Even if Bush was right, don't we have the moral obligation to attempt to stabilize the region we disrupted?

Bush got us involved and ISIS took root due to the void Bush created, right or wrong.

Smellin Coffee said:
aleshanee said:

someone should make another video starting where that one leaves off..... and ask that intelligent young middle easterner when his country plans to stop inviting us back and starts learning to live peaceably among themselves.......or finding a way to solve their problems without our help....... .. it was their own fault we ended up over there....... our biggest mistake was offering to help.......

And this leads to the following question: If Saddam Hussein was still in power, would ISIS exist?

Hussein was definitely a tyrant and needed to be stopped. I am not blaming Bush for this at all. But any choice, right or wrong, can bring about both positive and negative consequences. Even if Bush was right, don't we have the moral obligation to attempt to stabilize the region we disrupted?

Bush got us involved and ISIS took root due to the void Bush created, right or wrong.

Bush has been out of office for over 5 years now. Dont you think Obama needs to take the responsibility soon? This new group was organized because the USA/Obama pulled out.  Obama needs to own up to the decisions HE makes-but the buck never stops with him.

And remember to Obama ISIL is the "JV team"... I sure it was Bush who told him that!  ::)

Smellin Coffee said:
I am in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY defending these Islamic terrorists but to link all Muslim activity to violence is similar to linking all Crusade killings to Christianity. Just because something is done in the name of a particular religion does not mean that everyone claiming that religion is an extremist.

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/25/351277631/prominent-muslim-sheikh-issues-fatwa-against-isis-violence

Christians complain about people linking them to Phelps' brand of Christianity yet broadbrush Muslims in the very same light.

Maybe the teaching of Islam as a religion of peace is their way of promoting a peaceful faith. (That doesn't mean the method is successful, though...)

Except nowhere in the Bible does it say we should kill Muslims, so the crusade can't really be blamed on the Bible. 

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.  Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.  Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

See link for the verses and passages:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

Now, one might say not all Muslims think these instructions apply today.  But the instructions are there, and they don't compare to the Bible.  The Bible makes it clear that the "kill them" instructions were for specific people at a specific place at a specific time.  The Koran's instructions are more generic and can easily be interpreted as what Muslims should do NOW. 

kaba said:
Bush has been out of office for over 5 years now. Dont you think Obama needs to take the responsibility soon?

Of course not.  Obama's motto is, "The Buck Stops Everywhere But Here" with the corollary, "Now Bug Off I'm Going Golfing And Fundraising". 

Smellin Coffee said:

If you haven't, you need to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s Brigitte Gabriels answer to the idea that many/most Muslims are peaceful.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Smellin Coffee said:

If you haven't, you need to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s Brigitte Gabriels answer to the idea that many/most Muslims are peaceful.

According to that video, most Muslims ARE peaceful.  The violent decapitators, blow-up-innocent-people, destroy western civilization Muslims only comprise between 180-300 million people.  Give or take a few million. 

I want to know why Obama is sending jets over there because of workplace violence breaking out in Iraq amd Syria.

kaba said:
Smellin Coffee said:
aleshanee said:

Bush has been out of office for over 5 years now. Dont you think Obama needs to take the responsibility soon? This new group was organized because the USA/Obama pulled out.  Obama needs to own up to the decisions HE makes-but the buck never stops with him.

Of course, both Presidents have made serious errors in judgement. The blame shouldn't lie SOLELY at the feet of Obama.

It is interesting or rather sad to see the media describe the latest beheading HERE on our soil! They say just a work place disagreement, BUT what was he saying when he did it. Thankful for the CEO that had a gun (at the workplace)or there would have been more beheadings!!! And to hear the mom say that her boy wasnt like that.

Little by little our country is getting taken away from us.

But Obama is in office NOW, he is a weak president and is in way over his head!!

kaba said:
But Obama is in office NOW, he is a weak president and is in way over his head!!

Just wait until a conservative is elected president (if that ever happens).  Then try to blame something that goes wrong on Obama, and watch the progressives scream, "BUT HE'S NOT PRESIDENT ANYMORE!!!1111ELEVEN!!!" with a touch of "IT'S REALLY BUSH'S FAULT!!!"

kaba said:

No argument from me. But in the essence of fairness, unless the partisanship of our government delays decay AND progress in governmental issues. It would be like a football head coach being able to bring in his own coaches but not his own players to fit his system. Until he has full control, he has only partial responsibility for both the success and failure of his team.

I am not saying that Obama's way is the best way. What I am saying is that he is working with the card he was dealt from Bush's decisions, whether they were right or wrong.

ISIS is Just Another Problem Caused by Bush that Republicans are Blaming on Obama

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/isis-just-another-problem-caused-bush-republicans-blaming-obama/

And let me go ahead and state another little “fun fact” since I’m on the subject: Had the Bush administration told the American people that going into Iraq would have required a decade (or realistically longer) commitment, almost nobody signs off on that. You don’t sell the Iraq War to the American people by saying, “This mission will require an indefinite American presence in Iraq.” Which is pretty much what it’s going to take to keep Iraq stable and out of the hands of some radical Islamic group. Because even if we defeat ISIS, driving them out of Iraq, it’s only a matter of time before another group takes their place. Unless, of course, thousands of American troops stay behind.

President Obama really only has two options:
Start another war. - or -
Let ISIS continue doing what they’re doing.
And let’s face it, the second option – really isn't an option.

Don’t think for a moment that it was just a coincidence that Bush signed the SOFA so that American combat operations would end right after he left office and the complete removal of all U.S. forces would happen a couple of years later. Bush and his cronies knew that once American troops were gone, Iraq would slip back into chaos. And whoever the next president turned out to be would be the one blamed for it. And that’s exactly what happened.

Smellin Coffee said:
ISIS is Just Another Problem Caused by Bush that Republicans are Blaming on Obama

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/isis-just-another-problem-caused-bush-republicans-blaming-obama/

And let me go ahead and state another little “fun fact” since I’m on the subject: Had the Bush administration told the American people that going into Iraq would have required a decade (or realistically longer) commitment, almost nobody signs off on that. You don’t sell the Iraq War to the American people by saying, “This mission will require an indefinite American presence in Iraq.” Which is pretty much what it’s going to take to keep Iraq stable and out of the hands of some radical Islamic group. Because even if we defeat ISIS, driving them out of Iraq, it’s only a matter of time before another group takes their place. Unless, of course, thousands of American troops stay behind.

President Obama really only has two options:
Start another war. - or -
Let ISIS continue doing what they’re doing.
And let’s face it, the second option – really isn't an option.

Don’t think for a moment that it was just a coincidence that Bush signed the SOFA so that American combat operations would end right after he left office and the complete removal of all U.S. forces would happen a couple of years later. Bush and his cronies knew that once American troops were gone, Iraq would slip back into chaos. And whoever the next president turned out to be would be the one blamed for it. And that’s exactly what happened.

I never would have expected that view from a site called Forward Progressives.