Man Created in God's Image

Mathew Ward

Elect
Reaction score
What do you believe is the expectation for man being created in the image of God?

Mathew Ward said:
What do you believe is the expectation for man being created in the image of God?
Not understanding the angle of your question, I can only give an answer guessing:

A. That man is unlike any other creature in that he is God-conscious, has a rational mind, has a will, has an immaterial being, and has the unique relationship with the Creator in that he is accountable for his actions. If he is made in the "image of God," then he has the obligation to embrace the Creator and follow His revealed, moral will.

Is that what you were expecting?

The expectation of God in creating man in His image, so for the lack of clarity.

Ah, much better, thanks!

But now that I understand the question, I still don't know the answer. Who can guess what God had/has in mind for us? As He has told us, His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. But it does seem clear that He has in mind for us to become more like Him in the ways that we can. Wiser, holier, with eternal life, and probably (in our resurrected bodies) with powers similar to those Jesus exhibited after His resurrection. 1 Cor 6:3 even says we shall judge angels, though I'm not sure how much judging angels need.

Mathew Ward said:

Image of God  Man has an eternal soul/spirit and God is Spirit.  Man can have fellowship with God whereas animals can not.

God = Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Man = Body, Soul and Spirit

Rudimentary I know but that is my understanding of it.