Man do I miss those days of Braemer, Beaumont & Brennan on here....

IP: OK. Can men wear skirts, and if not, why? I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for a Biblical principle

They certainly can, and do.
In Scotland they call them kilts.

I do get your point ? but my point is that cultural context can change the dynamic of what?s appropriate or inappropriate. In our cultures context, a pant suit on women is not going against her ?nature?. And all the coulotte wearing in the world won?t change that. It?s a long way from a woman wearing a pair of pants and a man wearing a kilt to a cross dressing transvestite.

This subject has been hashed and rehashed here a zillion times.
I am not a biased IFB brasher, but their KJVO, pants on women and calling ?standards? doctrine just amaze me. And not in a good way....

Tarheel Baptist said:
IP: OK. Can men wear skirts, and if not, why? I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for a Biblical principle

I do get your point ? but my point is that cultural context can change the dynamic of what?s appropriate or inappropriate. In our cultures context, a pant suit on women is not going against her ?nature?. And all the coulotte wearing in the world won?t change that. It?s a long way from a woman wearing a pair of pants and a man wearing a kilt to a cross dressing transvestite.

I am not a biased IFB brasher, but their KJVO, pants on women and calling ?standards? doctrine just amaze me. And not in a good way....
And I get yours, your point that is.

Using cultural context to determine practical application can be a slippery slope. Clearly Rome's culture was wrong, as was Egypt's. And so on. When does cultural context violate scriptural principle?

ItinerantPreacher said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Using cultural context to determine practical application can be a slippery slope. Clearly Rome's culture was wrong, as was Egypt's. And so on. When does cultural context violate scriptural principle?

Of course culture is secular and often sin is accepted as the norm.
My illustration was based on your man wearing a skirt question. I would think Biblical reference or principle, cultural context and common sense would also be factors in deciding conduct on questionable things. For instance, I wouldn?t allow my teen daughter to go on a date in short shorts and a halter top.

Do you personally believe that a lady wearing a pant suit is sinful...based on ?gender separation??

Tarheel Baptist said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Of course culture is secular and often sin is accepted as the norm.
My illustration was based on your man wearing a skirt question. I would think Biblical reference or principle, cultural context and common sense would also be factors in deciding conduct on questionable things. For instance, I wouldn?t allow my teen daughter to go on a date in short shorts and a halter top.

Do you personally believe that a lady wearing a pant suit is sinful...based on ?gender separation??
Yes. That's the simple answer.

How would I handle it so to speak? With grace. I can say that because I do. The ladies here do not all have my conviction. They know my position but I rarely mention it. I believe thats the Holy Spirits job.