Man Wins $14M - Gives it to Church

AmazedbyGrace said:
Is it divine providence that this church is getting their new building paid for?

Is it wrong for the church to accept a donation from gambling winnings?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-donate-14-million-vegas-winnings-charity-n258721

I thought I once remember jack schaap saying that they had a policy (if you can believe this) that if a donation came to the church that they knew was from gambling they would not accept it. I, on the other hand, have never been able to differentiate the gambling that comes from 'gaming' and the gambling that comes from starting any type of business. It is all a gamble and there are a lot of things totally out of your control. They both depend on some "luck" if you wish to be so carnal as to call it that.

BALAAM said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Is it divine providence that this church is getting their new building paid for?

Is it wrong for the church to accept a donation from gambling winnings?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-donate-14-million-vegas-winnings-charity-n258721

I thought I once remember jack schaap saying that they had a policy (if you can believe this) that if a donation came to the church that they knew was from gambling they would not accept it. I, on the other hand, have never been able to differentiate the gambling that comes from 'gaming' and the gambling that comes from starting any type of business. It is all a gamble and there are a lot of things totally out of your control. They both depend on some "luck" if you wish to be so carnal as to call it that.
JS loved to sound tough, like he was taking a stand...
I remember the time he stopped the service and tried to sound intimidating, as he declared "we dont clap for special numbers around here".
I also remember that the very next special was clapped for, and it got more and more prevalent, and he gave up trying to stop the clapping.
He was always a lightweight, trying to sound like he mattered.
He woulda taken any dollar he could get...

I wonder if someone gave $14 million to Joel Osteen, they would get seat in the front row of his church?