Mark 16

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The Bible app I use has a feature in it that lays out the Scriptures chronologically. This is how I've been reading the Bible for much of this past year. Of course, my Bible app has many versions available. I flip between versions sometimes to compare wordings. Well, in today's reading, I came to Mark 16. I've been reading the New Living Translation and saw something I've not seen in older more "tradional" translations such as NIV, ASV, or KJV: The notation that many of the older manuscripts end with vs 8. Then the NLT along with other newer translations lays out the "shorter" and "longer" versions of Mark. Traditional translations just lay out the longer version of Mark without any notation. I'd be curious how various advocates of older translations, particularly, KJVOs deal with this...

The Bible app I use has a feature in it that lays out the Scriptures chronologically. This is how I've been reading the Bible for much of this past year. Of course, my Bible app has many versions available. I flip between versions sometimes to compare wordings. Well, in today's reading, I came to Mark 16. I've been reading the New Living Translation and saw something I've not seen in older more "tradional" translations such as NIV, ASV, or KJV: The notation that many of the older manuscripts end with vs 8. Then the NLT along with other newer translations lays out the "shorter" and "longer" versions of Mark. Traditional translations just lay out the longer version of Mark without any notation. I'd be curious how various advocates of older translations, particularly, KJVOs deal with this...
The say it was in the TR and include it.