Michigan's Pronoun Bill

I used to essentially make fun of preachers that would claim that someday they’d be jailed for declaring homosexuality to be a sin. I’m no longer laughing.😬

Text of the bill as it currently stands:

"Pronouns law" is a conservative inference. I assume it's based on the meaning of "intimidates" in s. 147b. (1) (c). However, s. (9) (b) specifically excludes "constitutionally protected activity." My assumption is that qualification is there specifically to say you can't prosecute someone for misgendering you (i.e. pronouns are speech, and speech is a protected activity).

I used to essentially make fun of preachers that would claim that someday they’d be jailed for declaring homosexuality to be a sin. I’m no longer laughing.😬

I'm not either.

I don't WANT my rights at the expense of others - ESPECIALLY free speech. I'm very sad at the state of our country and am SCREAMING inwardly for our veterans ( or somone) to stand up and DO SOMETHING - what, I don't know but we have to somehow, NIP THIS IN THE BUD - somehow.

I don't WANT my rights at the expense of others - ESPECIALLY free speech.
Smart thinking…because regardless of sexual orientation, your rights will disappear for some other reason they’ll dig up.

Smart thinking…because regardless of sexual orientation, your rights will disappear for some other reason they’ll dig up.

EXACTLY!

If they can take the free speech from one person (or any other right), they can take it from another one as well.

EXACTLY!