Mike Pence for Trump's VP

Sherryh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Tell me what you think?  My husband says he is great....What does the forum say?

Sherryh said:
Tell me what you think?  My husband says he is great....What does the forum say?
Here is an article I was just reading this morning. Explains quite a bit why the state is in such a good position right now fiscally.  I do see a few "Fire Pence" signs around, but considering the individuals who live in those houses, Pence seems to be on the right side.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/07/16/mike-pence-donald-trumps-vp-pick-can-tout-job-gains-and-economic-growth-in-indiana/?mod=e2twe

qwerty said:
Sherryh said:
Here is an article I was just reading this morning. Explains quite a bit why the state is in such a good position right now fiscally.  I do see a few "Fire Pence" signs around, but considering the individuals who live in those houses, Pence seems to be on the right side.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/07/16/mike-pence-donald-trumps-vp-pick-can-tout-job-gains-and-economic-growth-in-indiana/?mod=e2twe

The Fire Pence signs are sponsored by the unions who are upset that he supported Right to Work legislation.

One of the funniest things I saw recently was a big Trump sign in the same yard and next to a fire Pence sign.

I am wondering what that guy is going to do now.

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:
Sherryh said:

The Fire Pence signs are sponsored by the unions who are upset that he supported Right to Work legislation.

One of the funniest things I saw recently was a big Trump sign in the same yard and next to a fire Pence sign.

I figured it was the Unions, since they were always near a "Proud Union Home" sign.  I have been tempted to print an "O" to paste over the U in Union.

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:
Sherryh said:

Reminds me of in '08 there was a house in Ft. Wayne w/ a "Pray and Fast to End Abortion" sign right next to an Obama sign.

Thank you all for your input....God help us on this election...

I think Mike Pence is a great addition to the ticket. If Trump will listen to him he will provide a calming effect to the Trump campaign.

I think Pence would make a great president, with Trump the jury is still out..

I have a coworker, a sweet Catholic lady, who says she won't vote for Hillary because that would ruin the country, and she won't vote for Trump because he won't listen to anybody. I think there are a lot of people who feel that way about this election.

Lone Ranger said:
I have a coworker, a sweet Catholic lady, who says she won't vote for Hillary because that would ruin the country, and she won't vote for Trump because he won't listen to anybody. I think there are a lot of people who feel that way about this election.

I think you are right.

While I fully appreciate that lady's position, between someone who will "ruin the country" and someone who "won't listen" to people, I'd prefer the "won't listen to people".  Not voting is to trample on the men & women who have died to give us our freedom to vote... and, despite all of the dreamers, a third party candidate has never yet been elected President. While voting for some 3rd party candidate, one may feel good, but one hasn't really made a difference.

Consider, too, that the Bible teaches that the ruler's heart is in the hand of the Lord. It is God who sets up one and brings down another. Nothing is too hard for the the Lord.

Sherryh said:
Thank you all for your input....God help us on this election...

Yes; I pray that God will remember the good things that our country has done for Him in the past, and bless us for that, and stay His hand of judgment for a season.  May He give His own wisdom to choose wisely, and may our country even see a return to more Biblical principles (hey, I can dream).

Baptist City Holdout said:
bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:
Sherryh said:

Reminds me of in '08 there was a house in Ft. Wayne w/ a "Pray and Fast to End Abortion" sign right next to an Obama sign.

No contradiction, if that is what you are implying. The Obama administration has brought the abortion statistics down through its emphasis on birth control. Preventing pregnancies is an effective means to lessen the number of abortions.

Based on available state-level data, an estimated 954,000 abortions took place in 2014?down from approximately 983,000 abortions in 2013 and 1.02 million abortions in 2012.

In 2011, 1.06 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred in the U.S. (AGI).

Source