Misguided/misplaced vengeance....

TimbauxRioux

Elect
Reaction score
I never could understand why someone who has been hurt by a person (who belongs to a certain group or type or label) seeks revenge, not on the wrongdoer but on the innocent folks of the same group, type, or label.

On another forum, a man named John is constantly attacking others who belong to a certain group, all because John's wife left him for someone else. John constantly rails against and rags on Christians because his "christian" wife cheated on him.

Sometimes such things happen on this forum..really on the old FFF, as I remember.

Instead of going after the real perp(s), the victim finds those of like or similar beliefs and attacks them instead.

I do understand that such people seek to soothe the pain they have experienced, but they make themselves look bad in misplacing their vengeance.

Web said:
Why remove it?  Stand by your point and make it.

i thought i made my point. it makes no sense for someone to attack those not directly responsible for their pain. Happens all the time, especially on internet forums.

TimbauxRioux said:
Web said:

i thought i made my point. it makes no sense for someone to attack those not directly responsible for their pain. Happens all the time, especially on internet forums.

It happens all the time, everywhere.  Human nature, probably.  Like how people blame Muslims just because a few million want to kill everybody 

The Rogue Tomato said:
TimbauxRioux said:
Web said:

It happens all the time, everywhere.  Human nature, probably.

i think often it happens when the perp is no longer accessible, and the victim expands his/her net.

No Christian should launch vengeful personal attacks on other Christians. Period.

bgwilkinson said:
No Christian should launch vengeful personal attacks on other Christians. Period.

amen!

It is not Christ-like... most of us are guilty of doing it.. but to go after INNOCENT, not-involved people .. thats just senseless. I am dealing with a former student who has all these anger issues and is throwing it all over the internet at Christians,, especially conservative Christians. Her former pastor even warned her against it, but she plows forward. her problem is with her mother, really, and no one else.. but she is after everybody that calls themselves Christians.

It's not right what is happening but every person is in a process and it takes time for people to walk through things...............pray for them.

Sherryh said:
It's not right what is happening but every person is in a process and it takes time for people to walk through things...............pray for them.

On the prayer list, both personal and church. It is true, as you said, i think all of us go through a period where we have to evaluate what we were taught, and among those things throw out the bad and keep the good.

I am not married, but I'd be an imperfect husband/father if I was. I'd hope my children would grow up and understand I raised them the best i could.

The Rogue Tomato said:
TimbauxRioux said:
Web said:

u

It happens all the time, everywhere.  Human nature, probably.  Like how people blame Muslims just because a few million want to kill everybody
You realize the "few million" statistically is a population approximately the same as the population of the USA?

ItinerantPreacher said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
TimbauxRioux said:
Web said:

u

You realize the "few million" statistically is a population approximately the same as the population of the USA?

You are apparently sarcasm impaired. 

bgwilkinson said:
No Christian should launch vengeful personal attacks on other Christians people. Period.

Fixed. :)

The Rogue Tomato said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
TimbauxRioux said:
Web said:

u

You are apparently sarcasm impaired.

That thing flying over your heads....I think it's the OP.  :-\

TimbauxRioux said:
I never could understand why someone who has been hurt by a person (who belongs to a certain group or type or label) seeks revenge, not on the wrongdoer but on the innocent folks of the same group, type, or label.

On another forum, a man named John is constantly attacking others who belong to a certain group, all because John's wife left him for someone else. John constantly rails against and rags on Christians because his "christian" wife cheated on him.

Sometimes such things happen on this forum..really on the old FFF, as I remember.

Instead of going after the real perp(s), the victim finds those of like or similar beliefs and attacks them instead.

I do understand that such people seek to soothe the pain they have experienced, but they make themselves look bad in misplacing their vengeance.
As an Independent Baptist, I experience this daily.

I try to wade into the attack, to see what substance is there,  and if any true culpability lies with that which I would defend.

Some people need to hear from a I.B. who isn't their boogey-man.  Some I.B. need to hear that they are  the bad guy, or his helper.

Basically, I try to see if tge attack is a cry for help, for answers, etc.

This wouldnt apply, of course, to any thing in life that I hadn't chosen, such as skin color.

prophet said:
TimbauxRioux said:

As an Independent Baptist, I experience this daily.

I try to wade into the attack, to see what substance is there,  and if any true culpability lies with that which I would defend.

Some people need to hear from a I.B. who isn't their boogey-man.  Some I.B. need to hear that they are  the bad guy, or his helper.

Basically, I try to see if tge attack is a cry for help, for answers, etc.

This wouldnt apply, of course, to any thing in life that I hadn't chosen, such as skin color.

Many times (maybe most), those who seek vengeance have been wronged in some way, and are not fabricating abuse or mistreatment. The case I mentioned above.. the father was a bit distant, though he was there, but the mother was overly protective and made some decisions that were not wise. The mother is a good woman.. but she watched her older two children grow up to become full blown atheists, and I think feared the same for the daughter.

A friend of my enemy is my enemy. An enemy of my enemy is my friend. Works in politics, religion and neighborhoods.

Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

subllibrm said:
A friend of my enemy is my enemy. An enemy of my enemy is my friend. Works in politics, religion and neighborhoods.

Following this mantra will do your life a great disservice.

You get to possess two things in this life that can be eternal. These are the only real things there are in life.  The first is your soul.  The second are the relationships that you build.  God has cared for your soul.  You take care of your relationships.  Everything that there is that we call possessions, material, money and Every fruit and gift of the Holy Spirit is given by God to help you to build the latter with both God and man. 

TidesofTruth said:
subllibrm said:

Following this mantra will do your life a great disservice.

You get to possess two things in this life that can be eternal. These are the only real things there are in life.  The first is your soul.  The second are the relationships that you build.  God has cared for your soul.  You take care of your relationships.  Everything that there is that we call possessions, material, money and Every fruit and gift of the Holy Spirit is given by God to help you to build the latter with both God and man.

Sorry. I didn't realize my post needed a sarcasm disclaimer.