Money Ain’t Everything

When I was delivering pizza's back in Augusta back in the 1980s, this house was on the radar of the Augusta National Golf Course. I delivered many a pizza to this house. The owners then didn't want to sell either, and they had been offered a great deal of money to sell. The Augusta National has purchased nearly every house in the area and torn them down to expand the property and make improvements. I'm glad these people have continued to stand their ground.

When I was delivering pizza's back in Augusta back in the 1980s, this house was on the radar of the Augusta National Golf Course. I delivered many a pizza to this house. The owners then didn't want to sell either, and they had been offered a great deal of money to sell. The Augusta National has purchased nearly every house in the area and torn them down to expand the property and make improvements. I'm glad these people have continued to stand their ground.
Did you ever get a chance to see the clubhouse or course?

Did you ever get a chance to see the clubhouse or course?
Yes, I did. I worked for what was then Augusta College in the janitorial dept. We used to clean the clubhouse in certain areas because of the sports program. We also had to help with some of the cleanup on the course. But, the work on the course was usually left to those with more supervisory positions than mine. Still, it's a beautiful course, and the clubhouse isn't too bad, either. I miss home, and I wish my wife and I could move back there tomorrow...but, that's not going to happen at this point in time.

Yes, I did. I worked for what was then Augusta College in the janitorial dept. We used to clean the clubhouse in certain areas because of the sports program. We also had to help with some of the cleanup on the course. But, the work on the course was usually left to those with more supervisory positions than mine. Still, it's a beautiful course, and the clubhouse isn't too bad, either. I miss home, and I wish my wife and I could move back there tomorrow...but, that's not going to happen at this point in time.
I bet it’s beautiful. It’s been on my bucket list to attend this tournament for a long time. I enter the lottery every year for tickets but never win. I guess one year I’ll just have to break down and buy them secondhand for $1,500 a piece. I’m trying to avoid that though.