Money "Not Well Spent" when attending HAC

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
Did you ever spend some or give money that you wish you had not?

I just found a pic in a  gold frame of Jack Hyles kneeling in the road and praying that I put a $300 bid on at a fund raising auction in my old Sunday school class. Yep, I regret that move!

All of the Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night preaching cassettes I bought over 10 years. I bought them all and then went back and began buying preaching tapes from before I went to FBC so I could have all of the sermons I missed out on.  :D

Every time there was a conference, we would get the deal of a lifetime on the Speakers' books.
I have a library full of crap I never cracked the cover on.

Many times I spent 2 weeks worth of pocket money, and went without so I could help support these men of God.

Later on, I said "hey, why are they trying to sell this stuff to us poor college students?"
I realized that they were predators, not shepherds.

Zondervan's digital library... They no longer supported their software and then I had to repurchase the books at full price in Logos, 5 years later.

My school bill was close to 1200 a month  :'( wish I had the money that I payed for every school bill back. I could have learned about the ministry if I would've let my own pastor mentor me all for free. HAC was pretty much Advanced School once it was said and done for me.