More Doctors Than a Hospital

FreeToBeMe

Elect
Reaction score
RevivalFiresAd2-768x1024.jpg

Question:

How many "honorary" doctors does it take to light a revival fire?

Web said:
I wouldn't enter ANY city that had the liquor name "bourbon" in it.  That's just one of my standards...
Well, they gotta use something to start that revival fire, don't they?

How many of them are earned Doctorates? How many of those Pastors even went to college?  It is a worthless title otherwise! My Pastor has an earned Doctorate, and rarely if at all uses the title Doctor...now that is a humble man!

FreeToBeMe said:
Web said:
I wouldn't enter ANY city that had the liquor name "bourbon" in it.  That's just one of my standards...
Well, they gotta use something to start that revival fire, don't they?

True story....

I once personally knew a "pastor" that started a church, and ultimately opened a "bible college" once he got a accredited professor/Dr. to start running it. They issued this "pastor" a honorary doctorate. It wasn't too long that the church split causing everything to go bust. The "college" went under and etc.

The "pastor" went from using his name Dr. David....to including his middle initial "R" and using the name D.R. Lastname. Not David R. Lastname. Not David Richard Lastname but "D.R. Lastname". Before the Dr. He just used his first name and last name. Never anything else. He really loved that honorary "doctorate"  He just couldn't stand to lose that DR associated with his name.

Mat 23:6  And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Mat 23:7  And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Mat 23:8  But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

kaba said:
How many of them are earned Doctorates? How many of those Pastors even went to college?  It is a worthless title otherwise! My Pastor has an earned Doctorate, and rarely if at all uses the title Doctor...now that is a humble man!

You obviously know a lot about his real "doctorate"...... :)

Just had to say that.

kaba said:

This is from a KJVO site, but it's still funny:

http://preservedwords.com/institute.htm

Read this and scroll down to the bottom and click on

Dr.Brian Sharp.  Wow.  Heard him 'preach' twice, made every bit of it up.  True heretic.  Puke on his 'dr'.
He never even went to college, not  that it matters, but he doesn't deserve a 'dr' in anything.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe some wiseguy will stand up during the conference and shout out, "Is there a Doctor in the house?"

LOL :D

HeDied4U said:
Maybe some wiseguy will stand up during the conference and shout out, "Is there a Doctor in the house?"

LOL :D

I'm waiting for one of the more extreme fundy colleges to give Jesus an honorary doctorate one of these days.  I can't think of anyone better who deserves it, since some of the koolaid suckin' supporters talk about how these clowns "deserve" their "Dr." titles and fake honorary degrees because of their tireless work. 

I wonder how they are asked to preach in this selection of men. Terry Angela and Mickey Carter are good men!!Not sure about anyone else.......

Sherryh said:
I wonder how they are asked to preach in this selection of men. Terry Angela and Mickey Carter are good men!!Not sure about anyone else.......

Simple.  It's a good ol' boy system.  You stroke my ego, I'll stroke yours.  You pay me to speak at your conference and I'll get people to pay you to speak at their conference.  You support my ministry, so I'll give you a platform and brag on you so you can increase your influence and get more speaking engagements.  That kind of thing.  Some of the speakers are very good men who have been used of God to help communities.  Some of the speakers are simply blowhards that enjoy the ego trip.  Either way, it's hard not to get wrapped up in the pride and power they feel from speaking at a "National" conference.

FreeToBeMe said:
kaba said:

For What It's Worth:

I think that Revival Fires puts the names on there.  For instance, most people know that in Walkertown, the people of his church call him "Bro. Bobby," not "Dr. Roberson."

Binaca Chugger said:
For What It's Worth:

I think that Revival Fires puts the names on there.  For instance, most people know that in Walkertown, the people of his church call him "Bro. Bobby," not "Dr. Roberson."

Even though that is true 'Dr' Roberson still allows the DR title to be applied to his name  all the time.

Anybody want to put an over/under how many times Jesus's name gets mentioned in all 22 sermons?
I say 10.

Recovering IFB said:
Anybody want to put an over/under how many times Jesus's name gets mentioned in all 22 sermons?
I say 10.
Not the way it was at first, but you aren't far off in your assertion. 
  It starts with 'preaching contests' in their ACE 'schools', and grows from there.
Give me an 'I'.  Give me a 'B'. 
Keep the 'F'.
Man-worshipping garbage nonsense, puke. 
It's all politics.  Everyone of these men tows groupies around with them, so Denny can get quite a crowd if he stacks 'leaders' high.
Then he can 'influence' all of them to 'serve God'.
"I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men unto me."

You know the entire thing doesn't really mean much to me except for this:

They just reprinted an article by Jack Hyles on the independentbaptist.com website where he talks about accreditation and how we which are superior do not need the approval of the inferior, blah, blah, blah. If this is true, why then are so many of his GI Joebots salivating to be listed as "Dr."?

Any body hear the Thompson Twins warming up?
'DR, DR, can't you see that I'm a DR, can't you see them worship me?'

FreeToBeMe said:
kaba said:

FreeToBeMe said:
RevivalFiresAd2-768x1024.jpg

Question:

How many "honorary" doctors does it take to light a revival fire?

I personally know several of those "doctors" and in my opinion they are wolves in sheeps clothing at best.

Sorry for insulting wolves.