More Fake News from that liberal news media

Norefund

Elect
Reaction score
Fake News from Fox News

CORONAVIRUS

Published 27 mins ago

COVID-19 breakthrough infections with severe outcomes comprise 0.01% of cases​

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC said 'this remains a pandemic of the unvaccinated'​

"This remains a pandemic of the unvaccinated, where the vast majority of spread is — in this country is among those who are unvaccinated," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said during a briefing. "While vaccinated people can spread the virus if they get a breakthrough infection, the odds of them getting sick in the first place are far lower than those who are unvaccinated."

According to Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to President Biden, as of July 26, the CDC received 6,587 reports of breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization or death against a backdrop of 163 million fully vaccinated people, translating to 0.01% or less.
RISING VACCINATION RATES IN SEVERAL SOUTHERN STATES 'POSITIVE TREND,' WHITE HOUSE SAYS
He noted the percent ranges in places like Washington D.C. and Virginia, where breakthrough infections comprise 0.26% to 0.03% of cases, adding "the bottom line is, [breakthrough infections] are rare and they rarely result -- not rarely -- but unusually, result in hospitalization or death."
Walensky upheld the power of vaccines to prevent against poor outcomes like severe illness and death.
"In all of this, there is still good news. Our vaccines are working to prevent severe illness, hospitalizations, and death. Vaccines are providing protection both for individuals and communities across the country," Walensky said.

I wish someone would post numbers for 3 categories:
1. Vaccinated
2. Unvaccinated but recovered from COVID
3. Unvaccinated and never had COVID

Comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated is not helpful to me.

Fair point. It would be a bit difficult to quantify as some people remain somewhat symptomatic for a longer period but eventually recover and some some are completely symptom free. I think the point of the article is that you are far more likely to have mild or no symptoms if you are vaccinated. And hospitalization and death are quite miniscule compared to the unvaccinated. I think that is helpful information.

I wish someone would post numbers for 3 categories:
1. Vaccinated
2. Unvaccinated but recovered from COVID
3. Unvaccinated and never had COVID

Comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated is not helpful to me.
It would be helpful especially since some people in identifying the "immune" will count the number of people recovered + number of people who are vaccinated while in truth their is a lot of overlap of people who recovered but also took the vaccine.