More from the New Independent Baptists

He's pulling no punches and leaving nothing to speculation by name calling...the old path crowd should love that!

I'm talking about the #oldpaths crowd. More specifically, I'm talking about:
John Hamblin
Shelton Smith
Bob Gray Sr.
Allen Domelle
Justin Cooper
Greg Neal
Jeff Fugate
Bruce Goddard
Those who attend their conference and strongly identify with that group.
(I don't normally name names, I'm doing it here because I don't want to be accused of aiming at a nebulous target or causing collatoral damage to innocent men.)

Their epistemology isn't my epistemology. Their truth isn't my truth. We aren't on the same page much less buiding on the same foundation.

Tarheel Baptist said:
I believe this blogger has posted here before...I like what he says here:
http://pastorryanhayden.com/blog/post/epistemology-oldpaths

Been reading his blog for a while now and I like him a lot. He is very reasonable and biblically centered. So he is not your typical ifbxer. And for the record: Anyone who wants to can read his past articles and see just what he says about KJVO ism.

I posted this in relation to the other thread linking to the Josh Teis blog, because I wonder, believe, hope that perhaps there is a new generation of IFB pastors and leaders who are rejecting the old path past generation leadership and philosophy. That takes great courage, but I think it just might happen.

BALAAM said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I believe this blogger has posted here before...I like what he says here:
http://pastorryanhayden.com/blog/post/epistemology-oldpaths

Been reading his blog for a while now and I like him a lot. He is very reasonable and biblically centered. So he is not your typical ifbxer. And for the record: Anyone who wants to can read his past articles and see just what he says about KJVO ism.

I am not sure about his past articles, but this one.

"For the record, I am King James only and would feel very squeemish about inviting most evangelicals to share my pulpit."

I have seen Shelton Smith supporting  Greg Neal , I don?t have the same respect to him as I had before.  How someone like him can support a person who has made so much damage to a lot of families? Someone who only worries to fill his pockets? After Neal  got the new property in Jax in February 1st 2015,  (since  2011 was registered under The Neal?s, according to public records) he said that God blessed them with a big property to bring more people to Christ,  and ask his members for big donations, even though he encourages them to refinance their own houses and bring money in order to help to build a sanctuary and now in 2018 he did received money, but build nothing. Only put a tent with electricity and fans. Now in 2018; he sold the property.  So God?s blessing was only for three years?  instead,  he bought a big and beautiful house with a guest house, pool, and plenty of acreage, while many of his  followers live in trailer homes. What will be the feature of his followers?  Only God knows.  Again, how Shelton Smith can support Greg Neal?

Filipenses3 said:
I have seen Shelton Smith supporting  Greg Neal , I don?t have the same respect to him as I had before.  How someone like him can support a person who has made so much damage to a lot of families? Someone who only worries to fill his pockets? After Neal  got the new property in Jax in February 1st 2015,  (since  2011 was registered under The Neal?s, according to public records) he said that God blessed them with a big property to bring more people to Christ,  and ask his members for big donations, even though he encourages them to refinance their own houses and bring money in order to help to build a sanctuary and now in 2018 he did received money, but build nothing. Only put a tent with electricity and fans. Now in 2018; he sold the property.  So God?s blessing was only for three years?  instead,  he bought a big and beautiful house with a guest house, pool, and plenty of acreage, while many of his  followers live in trailer homes. What will be the feature of his followers?  Only God knows.  Again, how Shelton Smith can support Greg Neal?

Sure looks like a building to me.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.2110971,-81.8064087,3a,46.9y,281.56h,96.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDowMOEnHZSHmRULgW1HmYg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-US

Filipenses3 said:

So you're saying he has sold the new property?  Where do you find that info?

So this is not true?

https://www.immanueljax.org/about/church-vision/

Filipenses3 said:

I have heard Shelton Smith preach, and he seems to be a pretty good preacher -- basic Biblical truths the few times I've heard him.

But his support for the Neals (and Greg Neal, the voyeur, especially) makes me lose a lot of respect for him.

I don't know anything about the property stuff there.

Shelton Smith has departed from the original editor of the Sword of the Lord. They now believe in KJV onlyism, storehouse tithing and secondary separation. John R Rice rejected all these teachings.

Jrock said:
Shelton Smith has departed from the original editor of the Sword of the Lord. They now believe in KJV onlyism, storehouse tithing and secondary separation. John R Rice rejected all these teachings.

As the IFB world has gotten smaller, the extremists have become the mainstream. Smith has just moved into that mainstream in order to keep the subscriptions and donations coming.

I would like to know how small the IFB world has become. Can anyone list their 5 largest churches in America?

?When we say that the Bible is inspired, we do not refer to the translations or copies but to the original autographs, written down under God?s direction.?

-John R. Rice, Our God-Breathed Book the Bible, Sword of the Lord Publishers; 1969.

Jrock said:
?When we say that the Bible is inspired, we do not refer to the translations or copies but to the original autographs, written down under God?s direction.?

-John R. Rice, Our God-Breathed Book the Bible, Sword of the Lord Publishers; 1969.

Please....it's not nice to expose Rice's mistakes.

Jrock said:
I would like to know how small the IFB world has become. Can anyone list their 5 largest churches in America?

Define "churches".

Just any group that proclaims to be Christian or does "church" have a more strict definition?