More SBC Mess?

And the mess goes on - a brouhaha is brewing over the statement by former SBC president and current professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, James Merritt, basically endorsing the ministry of his homosexual preacher son Jonathan Merritt. Obviously, in an organization as big as the SBC, there are always going to be a few crackpots here and there who make wacko pronouncements, but it should be understood that such nutcases do not represent or reflect poorly on the entire Convention. It may be a bit harder to make that excuse with regard to a prominent leader like Dr. Merritt, who is not a backwoods lone wolf but rather a respected leader who is paid with Cooperative Program funds.

As Former SBC Prez Doubles Down on Support for Gay Son Sermon, Pastors Begin Breaking 11th Commandment - Protestia

Former SBC President Doubles Down on Gay Preaching By Attacking Donald Trump (reformationcharlotte.org)

Since Senator Strom Thurmond was a such good Southern Baptist, it comes as no surprise that his reincarnated or resurrected avatar would come out in defense of this SBC seminary professor, and stand on Roman Catholic doctrine to do so.

Okay, whatever.

Culturally and geographically I’m Southern Baptist, but I believe the Catholic Church is the true church,
Is this guy joking?

"Strom" is definitely an impostor. The real Strom Thurmond, who was a board member of Bob Jones University, would never have said that the Catholic Church is the true church.

Will the real Strom Thurmond please step forward?

*Historically* the true church. That doesn’t mean one can’t practice Christianity in a modern Protestant church
Got it. Marking "Strom" down as an authentic heretic.

and so do you. Out of context and the wrong meaning.

If you think you can come on here and promote a false gospel and get away with it, you've come to the wrong place, sonny.
I'll chase your hell-bound soul all over this place.

I respect your opinion, I just happen to disagree with it. The history of Christianity seems pretty clear cut to me, especially pre-Martin Luther days
Hell is filled with "Christian History" and you'll be joining them soon.

No, I believe in God so I think you’re wrong, but thanks for the positive thoughts!
James 2:19 KJV: Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Matthew 7:1-3​

King James Version​

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
A misuse of these verses. We're told by their fruits we shall know them...Believe me...we KNOW and have seen the heresy!

Here's how to deal with Strom and keep his evil away, and ward off the evil spirits in general:

Picture of a man holding a crucifix

I Corinthians 15:1-2
"Now I am reminding you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you indeed received and in which you also stand. Through it you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain." In his letter to the Corinthians Paul specifically adds the condition, "if you hold fast." Therefore, Paul is clearly warning the Christians that they must remain faithful to the gospel or they will lose their salvation. There is no absolute assurance of salvation in this passage.

Read more: http://m.whatistruth.webnode.com/apologetics-topics/justification-salvation/once-saved-always-saved-a-verse-by-verse-anlaysis/
Paul ISN'T saying a person can lose their salvation. You truly need how to properly exegete God's Word.

The "whatistruth.webnode.com" web site that Strom cites is also known as CatholicFidelity.com and it carries this notice: "To the best of my knowledge all resources and links provided on this website are orthodox and adhere to the teachings of the magisterium of the Catholic Church. Please report anything that you feel may not be in line with the teachings of the Church."

Strom is insinuating Papistical heresy into this forum. "Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words." - 2 Timothy 4:15. And bring out the garlic - we're gonna need it.

I understand the ABC of salvation. (Ask, Believe and Confess). However, that doesn’t negate the fact that the Catholic Church is the original church. You’re a Christian regardless of Protestant or Catholic…both revolve around the Trinity and the Blessed Mother.
Man, oh man...you're one sick puppy spiritually...There was a church outside of the confines of the Roman church that NEVER was a part of that fatally flawed group. The remnant of Christians, TRUE Christians, didn't come from there. Now, granted, SOME from the church in Rome may have broken away...Luther, et al, and joined these groups in believing in faith in Christ alone, but they weren't the norm. And I can tell you that the RCC isn't the "one true church," and your so-called "Blessed mother," (Maryology is heretical teaching and nothing more than idolatry) doesn't exist...She was chosen, as a virgin, for a task before God, but after that was finished, she wasn't a perpetual virgin, but had several more children.

Happy Thanksgiving - Au revoir 😎
The Senator
More and more you're proving yourself to either be a troll or just totally unscriptural and unsaved. You're in our prayers...You need the Lord.

I don't keep up with Southern Baptist convention a whole lot, so if Merritt has claimed that he is a homosexual by this position/orientation but he is celibate and not acting upon those feelings then what is the issue? Is he endorsing that kind of a lifestyle of those who do engage?