More Sex Assualt Accusations

Tanner

Elect
Reaction score
Stevens Dad Larry was arrested today on a seperate child sex assault charge.  He is in Mesquite Jail on $100,000 bond. 

Tanner said:
Stevens Dad Larry was arrested today on a seperate child sex assault charge.  He is in Mesquite Jail on $100,000 bond.

How terrible!  I hope that the victims will be able to recover.

I pray that the truth will be revealed.

If the leadership did know, I hope they are caught.

I feel bad for the members who didn't know about this and were trying to serve God there -- quite a blow to them.

its terrible,  and there is more to come out.  This all happened on Ross' watch, there were plenty of warning signs and members sounding the horn.  When it was ignored it was taken to police.

Tanner said:
its terrible,  and there is more to come out.  This all happened on Ross' watch, there were plenty of warning signs and members sounding the horn.  When it was ignored it was taken to police.

I am no friend to Bob Ross; I don't care for his style of leadership, and his closeness to JV makes me suspicious of what he has learned from JV.

Having said that you keep implying (and refusing to corroborate) that he knew about this and did nothing.  Do you have any proof, or are you just determined to smear Bob Ross regardless?

This is another Fundy Church that is very friendly with Open Door.    Ross preaches at their chapel occasionally and loaned them a bus to go to camp. 

Having said that you keep implying (and refusing to corroborate) that he knew about this and did nothing.  Do you have any proof, or are you just determined to smear Bob Ross regardless?

Ok as far as proof no I don't have proof.    Here  is what happened, this 15 year old girl came to the church without her parents.  Her dad has passed away.  She started becoming close to Steven and his family.  She started posting on social media about how much she loved him and his family, he was her new Dad.  She would spend the night at thier house and baby sit the kids.  She was always posting selfies with Steven.    He worked for the City of Mesquite and occasionally would come up to the school, sign her out, and take her out to eat for lunch. 

People started to say this does not look right,  it was right out in the open, and the youth pastor and Bob Ross assured all concerned that she needed that father figure in her life.    He was a bus captain, deacon, and major family in the church.

This should have been stopped by the leadership of the church but they buried their heads in the sand and members had enough and notified police.    Steven confessed to police and is still sitting in jail.    That is all the proof I have,  ask anyone near that church and they will tell you how obvious it was.

Tanner is right on the money.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article206450249.html

Just me said:

Take a bulldozer to the whole place.  Sell the land to build a gas station.

Twisted said:
Just me said:

Thank you!!  I hope this is the beginning of the end of the church.

Tanner said:

Ok as far as proof no I don't have proof.    Here  is what happened, this 15 year old girl came to the church without her parents.  Her dad has passed away.  She started becoming close to Steven and his family.  She started posting on social media about how much she loved him and his family, he was her new Dad.  She would spend the night at thier house and baby sit the kids.  She was always posting selfies with Steven.    He worked for the City of Mesquite and occasionally would come up to the school, sign her out, and take her out to eat for lunch. 

People started to say this does not look right,  it was right out in the open, and the youth pastor and Bob Ross assured all concerned that she needed that father figure in her life.    He was a bus captain, deacon, and major family in the church.

This should have been stopped by the leadership of the church but they buried their heads in the sand and members had enough and notified police.    Steven confessed to police and is still sitting in jail.    That is all the proof I have,  ask anyone near that church and they will tell you how obvious it was.

Well, you are right; saw articles that the pastor has been arrested for not reporting.

Cover-up indeed!

Just me said:

Yes, Tanner was exactly correct.  I'm sad that they did cover it up, but I'm glad that the truth has surfaced.

Tanner said:
Twisted said:
Just me said:

Why?

What about the good, decent people who have worshipped there?  I hope they kick out corrupt leadership and get people in who will love the Lord and seek to glorify Him.

I dont see the end of a church being a good thing. I dont condone the wickedness and i hope its dealt with properly. But there are still lost souls on their way to hell and a church may be the only light in that area they will see.

I hope they reform and get smart about this and get back up, shake the dust off their feet and win many to Christ.

i

Walt said:
Tanner said:
Twisted said:
Just me said:

Why?

What about the good, decent people who have worshipped there?  I hope they kick out corrupt leadership and get people in who will love the Lord and seek to glorify Him.

These people are not really good at choosing a pastor. Now that Open Door and Miller Road have merged they have in their past history these famous men. Dave Hyles and Matthew Jerrell who should never have been pastors as they each lived a double life.

bgwilkinson said:
Walt said:
Tanner said:
Twisted said:
Just me said:

Why?

These people are not really good at choosing a pastor. Now that Open Door and Miller Road have merged they have in their past history these famous men. Dave Hyles and Matthew Jerrell who should never have been pastors as they each lived a double life.

This church is hurting people, relationships, and the testimony of Christ.    Bob Ross has hurt a lot of people and the people stick by him.    For the good of the lost people of mesquite this church needs to close the doors and sell the property.

This church is hurting people, relationships, and the testimony of Christ.    Bob Ross has hurt a lot of people and the people stick by him.    For the good of the lost people of mesquite this church needs to close the doors and sell the property.

Well we heard it from Tanner. It's God's will to close the doors ...............

In a separate thought but on same subject ...... i saw on facebook a former student of Bro Ross taunting him on social media as if it was gonna change the situation. He was calling out Bro Ross for his failing and hoping every evil deed he did would be uncovered but he failed to remember his own failings and the times he fell.

It was sad to see that kind of rejoicing and hypocrisy out of "God's People" .  WE should hold the victims up in prayer and the TRUTH should be are only desire not a version of it we want to believe. SO many know so much yet they can prove so little. I want to wait in judgement until the evidence is presented.

Saved by Grace said:
I dont see the end of a church being a good thing. I dont condone the wickedness and i hope its dealt with properly. But there are still lost souls on their way to hell and a church may be the only light in that area they will see.

I hope they reform and get smart about this and get back up, shake the dust off their feet and win many to Christ.

Another great post!  Amen!

My understanding is that Open Door has some members that were hurt at Parkside, and Parkside has some members who were hurt by Open Door, so if Open Door closes, some may be looking at a commute to find a good church (if they don't leave church altogether in disgust)

I am not celebrating or wanting to taunt Bob Ross.  I have seen him smear and hurt lots of people.  I am just glad that the truth has come out.    The things that have been covered up in that church and the intimidation, the smearing of good people and the relationships he has hurt.  While at the same time covering for people that are bringing harm to children, the church, and the cause  of Christ. 
All churches have sinners, its like a hospital has sickness.  The people working in the hospital protect themselves from the illnesses and keep the place sterile.    Open door is infected,  it has allowed sin to infiltrate,  the devil,  was let in a long time ago.    It needs to be scrubbed from top to bottom and leadership replaced.   
I know its up to God and it appears he has started that process.
As for Parkside they are dealing with their own sexual assault of a child,  one of the members was arrested in the past couple of weeks.   

Tanner said:
I am not celebrating or wanting to taunt Bob Ross.  I have seen him smear and hurt lots of people.  I am just glad that the truth has come out.    The things that have been covered up in that church and the intimidation, the smearing of good people and the relationships he has hurt.  While at the same time covering for people that are bringing harm to children, the church, and the cause  of Christ. 
All churches have sinners, its like a hospital has sickness.  The people working in the hospital protect themselves from the illnesses and keep the place sterile.    Open door is infected,  it has allowed sin to infiltrate,  the devil,  was let in a long time ago.    It needs to be scrubbed from top to bottom and leadership replaced.   
I know its up to God and it appears he has started that process.
As for Parkside they are dealing with their own sexual assault of a child,  one of the members was arrested in the past couple of weeks. 

I agree with you.  You have shown yourself to be correct, so I'm now far more willing to believe what you say about Bob Ross (I don't know the guy --  I think I've heard him preach once or twice, and I remember not being impressed).  I am glad when the truth comes about about and people that abuse their position are exposed.

I hope that this brings some repentance to Open Door and a drawing close to God and moving forward with His glory first in their mind.

I don't know that much about Parkside; I have heard via relatives who know people at Open Door that there are some members at OD who had a bad experience at Parkside.