Most any worker, works much harder than the average "pastor or evangelist".

I haven't asked anyone to follow me and no one knows me. I can't be worshipped. You enjoy your lies don't you?

I know that your leaders tell people that they need to pay God to love them and that God will hurt them if they don't pay God his money. Your leaders them OPEN THEIR HANDS to steal the money they claim you owe God.
I'm pretty sure you don't know anything about what you refer to as "my leaders". Like so much else, one more thing you are clueless about.

I'm pretty sure you don't know anything about what you refer to as "my leaders". Like so much else, one more thing you are clueless about.

I know they teach it because you said they did. You're the one that is a classless coward to allow it to go on in your presence. You too scared to say anything about it. You love the praise of men more than you love God.

I know they teach it because you said they did. You're the one that is a classless coward to allow it to go on in your presence. You too scared to say anything about it. You love the praise of men more than you love God.
Have no idea what the "it" is that you think some "leaders" of mine are teaching. I'm not even part of a fundy church anymore. I'd still take fundy legalism over Treasure legalism, though.

Have no idea what the "it" is that you think some "leaders" of mine are teaching. I'm not even part of a fundy church anymore. I'd still take fundy legalism over Treasure legalism, though.

Your leader is still teaching that you have to tithe to please God. Your leader still teaches for you to have a loving and meaningful relationship God... YOU have to give your money to God.

Your leader then hands out the plates to collect the money he tells YOU that YOU have to give.

This is what YOU tolerate. YOU tolerate God's children being robbed.

It is one thing to throw your money away in an blind attempt to please God. It is another to stand by while your brother in Christ is lied to and stolen from.

Your leader is still teaching that you have to tithe to please God. Your leader still teaches for you to have a loving and meaningful relationship God... YOU have to give your money to God.

Your leader then hands out the plates to collect the money he tells YOU that YOU have to give.

This is what YOU tolerate. YOU tolerate God's children being robbed.

It is one thing to throw your money away in an blind attempt to please God. It is another to stand by while your brother in Christ is lied to and stolen from.
Which "leader" are we talking about the ones at the churches I'm visiting?

Which "leader" are we talking about the ones at the churches I'm visiting?
The ones you follow.
I don't currently "follow" any. Your gonna have to find a better way to twist this or speculate a little heavier, one of the two.

It should be clear enough by now that treasure is spewing hot air. He knows about as much about you and your church as those "Windows technical support" callers know about your computer.

I know you wouldn't know this from hearing the average fundamentalist talk of how hard they work for Jesus.... but the average worker pulling a 40 hour shift a week works MUCH harder than the average pastor drawing a salary.

Which is one of the reasons, I've advocated for a "members appreciation" day at least once a year at the average "local church".

If they can have a "pastor appreciation celebration" at least 4 times a year because the preacher is working so hard..... then they can have a member appreciation at least once a year and share a little "glory" with someone else.

The average pastor can write a sermon in just a few hours at most. Sure, he might have to do a funeral or a wedding every once in a while but its usually "easy money". With a ton of praise to go along with it.

They can go fishing, hunting, golfing and have extensive preacher fellowships to expense. I know I know..... It was hard before.....and they worked when they didn't get paid......Well, so have just about anyone else.

Just more exaggeration and nonsense from them.
I know there are preachers out there like this...
One of my deacons was in a church where he called the preacher the most do-less person that he ever met.
But the majority of the preachers I know aren't like this.
Last Sunday, I walked into the service from the back of the auditorium and everybody gave me applause, something that I never experienced before.
We all give each other a lot of grief at our church, so I thought they were giving me a hard time for being a few minutes late b/c I'm always the one hustling people into the auditorium for church.
So, I hammed it up a bit, took a bow, etc.
It was only later that I realized it was Pastor Appreciation day!
If I would have known that, I would have demanded that they genuflected and bowed with humble adulation as I walked by.

One of my deacons was in a church where he called the preacher the most do-less person that he ever met.
Last Sunday, I walked into the service from the back of the auditorium and everybody gave me applause, something that I never experienced before.
We all give each other a lot of grief at our church, so I thought they were giving me a hard time for being a few minutes late b/c I'm always the one hustling people into the auditorium for church.
If I would have known that, I would have demanded that they genuflected and bowed with humble adulation as I walked by.
My former churches former pastor (I came to the church several weeks after he was asked to leave) used get a standing ovation every Sunday when he took to the platform. He was very Hyles-Anderson in style.

But the majority of the preachers I know aren't like this....

Clearly another Russian bot has invaded the forum because no pastor deserves to earn any salary for merely preaching the word of God.

/sarcasm

😉

This thread reminds me of all the times that people have told me how easy it is for public school teachers. I am married to one so I know what it takes to be a successful and life-changing teacher. The vast majority of critics wouldn't be able to stand up for one week in the classroom let alone do it well. Sniping at pastors who feed God's people just proves that armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.

Clearly another Russian bot has invaded the forum because no pastor deserves to earn any salary for merely preaching the word of God.

/sarcasm

😉

This thread reminds me of all the times that people have told me how easy it is for public school teachers. I am married to one so I know what it takes to be a successful and life-changing teacher. The vast majority of critics wouldn't be able to stand up for one week in the classroom let alone do it well. Sniping at pastors who feed God's people just proves that armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.

Yeah. We know it is harder on the ones you love than it is on anyone else. You're so special.

At least you get to celebrate it several times a year. Jesus only gets His Birthday and that other day that might be in March or April.

It should be clear enough by now that treasure is spewing hot air. He knows about as much about you and your church as those "Windows technical support" callers know about your computer.
Yeah. You go to one you don't agree with what they say at times too. You're such a know it all.

I'm reminded of Judas by this thread's preoccupation with money ....

"Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. "

😎

Last edited: